St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

9 minutes ago, resk said:

Regarding travel, there's no "exception for football". You can travel in or out of Aberdeen for work. Professional footballer is a job.

I wouldn't say it's as clear cut as that. There are people who currently can't travel in and out because their workplace/self-owned business has been closed by government decree, regardless of whether they were actually linked to the virus or not. Why should those who are working at a non-vital job where there is an *ongoing outbreak* be allowed to swan down all the way down to Perth to do their job at the same time? The testing regime isn't infallible for a start but the main issue here is that the optics for that are terrible for the SPFL and the government. 

Edited by vikingTON

I wouldn't say it's as clear cut as that. There are people who currently can't travel in and out because their workplace/self-owned business has been closed by government decree, regardless of whether they were actually linked to the virus or not. Why should those who are working at a non-vital job where there is an *ongoing outbreak* be allowed to swan down all the way down to Perth to do their job at the same time? The testing regime isn't infallible for a start but the main issue here is that the optics for that are terrible for the SPFL and the government. 
Right, but I'm not really debating how fair the law is, or how fair it is that football has started up.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Where in these "protocols" you keep talking about does it define "high risk"? Please tell me so I can become an expert.

Untitled.thumb.png.8167b8e79b9f4ad91c439e34e8c33ee4.png

Protocols.

Players are expected to admit if they believe they could have been exposed to the virus. 

If they believe they've been exposed in a "high risk" environment, the player is to self isolate until hes tested.

Any Aberdeen player who didn't admit to being at a pub, without social distancing, will have breached protocol, as theres clearly a chance they were "exposed to the virus" in a high risk environment.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well you've claimed they've obviously caught it there despite it not being confirmed which players were at the bar and if they are one of the infected.

If they've not admitted it, and continued to train without being tested, then they should still face punishment, whether they have the virus or not.

5 minutes ago, resk said:

Right, but I'm not really debating how fair the law is, or how fair it is that football has started up.

The fairness point matters though because for that reason I think it's quite likely that the SG and the SPFL will throw 'professional footballer is a job' argument out the window here. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Untitled.thumb.png.8167b8e79b9f4ad91c439e34e8c33ee4.png

Protocols.

Players are expected to admit if they believe they could have been exposed to the virus. 

If they believe they've been exposed in a "high risk" environment, the player is to self isolate until hes tested.

Any Aberdeen player who didn't admit to being at a pub, without social distancing, will have breached protocol, as theres clearly a chance they were "exposed to the virus" in a high risk environment.

And where does it define "high risk"?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If they've not admitted it, and continued to train without being tested, then they should still face punishment, whether they have the virus or not.

And again you don't know if any of that is true.

What a state to get yourself in to just because you might not get to see a game of football this Saturday.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

And where does it define "high risk"?

They clearly don't have a page in their booklet that specifically says that "gathering in a non-socially distanced pub on a Saturday in Aberdeen is high risk", so I guess we'll just go around in circles for the next week as you're too dense to realise common sense is expected.

1 minute ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Yes. And as I said about 8 times in that thread, with Falkirk fans still unable to understand it a month later, that was based on all protocols being followed.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

And again you don't know if any of that is true.

What a state to get yourself in to just because you might not get to see a game of football this Saturday.

Yes. I'm sure that some Aberdeen players congregating at a pub thats now been confirmed as a "hotspot", 4/5 days before some Aberdeen players test positive for the virus, is just a coincidence and entirely unconnected.

It was probably the club postie.

Edited by RandomGuy.

If it's open to interpretation and they don't believe it was a high risk environment then no one has breached the flow chart you knocked up on Visio.

This pub they might have gone to didn't have a sign in the window saying "hotspot" as far as I am aware?

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

If it's open to interpretation and they don't believe it was a high risk environment then no one has breached the flow chart you knocked up on Visio.

This pub they might have gone to didn't have a sign in the window saying "hotspot" as far as I am aware?

Did they get the choice of top, middle or bottom ?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6751/jrg-x-scottish-government.pdf

Its in there.

You're a moron if you think players in this pub...

116597209_10158188612142247_327373228293

... didn't think that was a high risk enviroment.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

People make stuff up on social media, and all it takes is one person to start a rumour and a couple more to jump on the bandwagon and it’s spreading like wildfire. 

It very much could be the case they were out sipping pints of #tennents all Saturday night, but surely equally as likely is someone that a player is in close proximity to on a regular basis was there? 

Its been on Twitter that a group were out on Saturday night since Saturday night.

Its not a rumour thats started since the first positive test.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Could always say they just drove down to Perth to test their eyesight, that seems to be a valid excuse.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Point of order, the seaside leagues (despite Arbroath’s best efforts) are the third tier and below, where Falkirk and Partick Thistle currently reside. 

I humbly apologise and stand corrected Ali

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. I'm sure that some Aberdeen players congregating at a pub thats now been confirmed as a "hotspot", 4/5 days before some Aberdeen players test positive for the virus, is just a coincidence and entirely unconnected.

It was probably the club postie.

Yes, it's likely. You've been posting it as fact then went on to state they've probably not notified anyone despite no evidence of either.

You've then asked for the player to be 'named and shamed'. If the player wants to come forward then fine. If not then it's none of the general publics business.