Jump to content
Golden Gordon

St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Recommended Posts

Hayes at left back. That’s a certainty.

I’d like to see McGeouch or Campbell get a start, assuming we’re going to utilise a midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Are any of the injured players (Clark, Davidson, Kane) due back?

- Will we continue with the 5-2-3 formation?

Two big questions for Saints fans to figure out.

Midfield two struggled in the first half against Uniteds midfield three, so a bit worried by that as Aberdeen will likely play that, and have far better players in there. On the other hand, the second half was a really solid defensive display despite being a man down and still only having two in there.

Think we'll give it another go, and if there's no players recovered from injuries, I'd take a punt at...

ELEVEN1596458989055.thumb.png.a82d11c95672b75ee46682440a1d00e5.png

... but theres multiple different ways he could go, so its really hard to predict.

Just want an improvement from the first 45 at the weekend, and a real chance to see how this set up is going to work.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a few changes from Saturday, unsurprisingly. Hayes to left-back in Considine's absence, as much as I like Considine, might actually prove to be a blessing in disguise - our use of the ball down the left side on Saturday was, for the most part, hopeless. We are still a better team with McGinn than without him, so hopefully he is fit enough to start. With Hayes at left-back, I'd also like to see either Hedges or McLennan come in. Edmondson to replace Anderson for more physicality and presence as the lone striker. Campbell was one of the few positives from Saturday, so I'd like to see either him or McGeouch replace Ojo in midfield. 

That would look something like this: 

Lewis

Hernandez - Taylor - McKenna - Hayes

Campbell/McGeouch - Ferguson

Hedges/McLennan - McGinn - Kennedy

Edmondson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Hayes at left back. That’s a certainty.

I’d like to see McGeouch or Campbell get a start, assuming we’re going to utilise a midfield.

Agreed, I'd like to see Campbell in for Bryson, seemed to play with his head up & at least try to pick up a pass.  I'm a fan of Ojo, but he was far too sleepy on Saturday.  If McKenna & Taylor have out-balls in both Hernandez & Hayes, hopefully that might give increase the chances that we find the midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor Mckenna Hayes

Mcgeough Ferguson

Mcginn Bryson Kennedy

Edmondson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                           Lewis

Hernandez/Taylor/McKenna/Hayes

            Campbell/McGeough

      McGinn/Ferguson/Kennedy

                       Edmonson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

14,000th meeting between the sides that’s been shown on Sky, apparently 

So shite weather and nil nil then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

                           Lewis

Hernandez/Taylor/McKenna/Hayes

            Campbell/McGeough

      McGinn/Ferguson/Kennedy

                       Edmonson

We need to.play more than 5 players, min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we'll get pumped.

 

Unless we go

                               Parish 

McNamara    Kerr    Gordon    Booth 

                                 Craig

Conway             McCann        Spoony 

                    May           Macca/Hendry

Edited by tree house tam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd like to see a few changes from Saturday, unsurprisingly. Hayes to left-back in Considine's absence, as much as I like Considine, might actually prove to be a blessing in disguise - our use of the ball down the left side on Saturday was, for the most part, hopeless. We are still a better team with McGinn than without him, so hopefully he is fit enough to start. With Hayes at left-back, I'd also like to see either Hedges or McLennan come in. Edmondson to replace Anderson for more physicality and presence as the lone striker. Campbell was one of the few positives from Saturday, so I'd like to see either him or McGeouch replace Ojo in midfield. 

That would look something like this: 

Lewis

Hernandez - Taylor - McKenna - Hayes

Campbell/McGeouch - Ferguson

Hedges/McLennan - McGinn - Kennedy

Edmondson

A better looking team than Saturday 

needs a run of games though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeeso min, you can't show such favouritism to a tractor brand around these parts min. f**k me, are you trying to start a fight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor Mckenna Hayes

Mcgeough Ferguson

Mcginn Bryson Kennedy

Edmondson

Yep, that's the line up I'd go for as well.

Feel a  bit sorry for Anderson getting dropped as he really didn't do anything to deserve it as he obviously inherited his genes from his parents, neither of whom are at least 6ft 2 apparently  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the news of the mini outbreak in Aberdeen, I hope all their players and staff have been behaving. 

352 all day long with Craig & McCann sitting in and Spoony in the number 10 slot. 

Macca and May up top. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think we'll get pumped.

 

Unless we go

                               Parish 

McNamara    Kerr    Gordon    Booth 

                                 Craig

Conway             McCann        Spoony 

                    May           Macca/Hendry

Are pissed  ?Macca??And why would we get pumped?Did we not just recently beat them.All be it a friendly 

Aberdeen are average and this is the season that will probably see Del punter

Dont get the Negativity and explain the Macca part please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

 

Dont get the Negativity and explain the Macca part please!

I'm very new to this forum but I believe they call this a WOOOOSH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We need to.play more than 5 players, min.

I thought we might have a better chance of a result if we used our new genetic mutation division to fuse some of our players together, to create a new breed of super-player.  Also means we would save on wages, bonuses etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...