St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Aberdeen apparently trying to sign a striker this morning.

Zero idea how this will go.

Zero idea of who's available for Aberdeen, never mind who's actually going to play. Must be an absolute nightmare to plan for, especially around set pieces etc.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I've never really 'got' the criticism of McGinn that he's "inconsistent" - his output has actually been consistently good given how long he has been here. 

It absolutely baffles me the criticism McGinn gets. He has been brilliant for us pretty much since he signed. He can be frustrating at times but his goals and assists outweigh that. His goal at Tynecastle when he sent Calum Patterson spinning is my favourite goal of all time. Genuinely can't think of a forward player outwith Celtic who has been as consistently good as him over the years 

I love Niall McGinn 

Mcginn is fantastic.

He's always suffered from a) being a born and bred tim b) his languid style and c) lacking the consistency every week that would have seen him instantly f**k off from Aberdeen.

It's all nonsense and you'd like to think when he does leave/retire all that shite stops and he'll just be remembered as one of the best players of this generation.

8 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

It absolutely baffles me the criticism McGinn gets. He has been brilliant for us pretty much since he signed. He can be frustrating at times but his goals and assists outweigh that. His goal at Tynecastle when he sent Calum Patterson spinning is my favourite goal of all time. Genuinely can't think of a forward player outwith Celtic who has been as consistently good as him over the years 

I love Niall McGinn 

I randomly watched the highlights of that game yesterday. He ripped Hearts several new arseholes that day!

Eta: if someone with better computer tech skills than me could make a gif of the whole sequence of his goal in that game then I'd love that. Thanks!

Inter-spliced with that wrestler falling off his chair meme at every "done yi" moment would be preferable.

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

6 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I randomly watched the highlights of that game yesterday. He ripped Hearts several new arseholes that day!

Eta: if someone with better computer tech skills than me could make a gif of the whole sequence of his goal in that game then I'd love that. Thanks!

I remember being raging it didn't win the club goal of the season award. I think Hayes against Celtic got it.

Besides just being the best goal, the moment itself was glorious. 2-0 up at Tynecastle, pumping them on our way to an 8th win in a row to start the season. The seethe behind the goal as they thought they'd do us that day.

A simply beautiful moment.

I find it completely  insane that weve actually got a 20 goal a season striker on the books in Niall Mcginn, and  yet mcInnes has not once played him there. 

Jumping on the love in, Ive not seen a player score as many good goals as Mcginn has for us. My favourite is the first in the double he scored at home to dundee, punt up the park, knocked down by big Ash and then he juggles it in the air and hits it on the volley from the edge of the box. Sublime technique. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember being raging it didn't win the club goal of the season award. I think Hayes against Celtic got it.

Besides just being the best goal, the moment itself was glorious. 2-0 up at Tynecastle, pumping them on our way to an 8th win in a row to start the season. The seethe behind the goal as they thought they'd do us that day.

A simply beautiful moment.

Possibly my favourite away day of all time. And I've been to Groningen, Rijeka and the Arnason v Utd game to name a few. I moved away from Scotland for a while shortly after this so it was the perfect send off (not counting the Hibs cup game after)

McGinn is the best player we have had since Jess (with the exception of Maddison, but he was a 6 month loan so doesn't count). I think the main reason he gets abuse from "fans" is his resting glaiket face. He is the one man I want on the ball within 30 yards of the opponents goal as he is by far the most likely to dig out a pass / cross or beat a man (or two) and stick it in the net. If he had consistency he would have been in the Premier League imo. As it is, we get almost a decade with a mercurial talent who is the best player in the league about 3 times a season and a match winner every 3rd game or so.

He also, almost single handedly, kept us out of a relegation battle in his debut season.

I f***ing love Niall McGinn.

Edited by Captain_Imra7

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Zero idea of who's available for Aberdeen, never mind who's actually going to play. Must be an absolute nightmare to plan for, especially around set pieces etc.

You Dont! let them worry about us for a change.

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Very much looking forward to the 5 minutes of enjoying football being back before reverting back to painstaking reality. 

Our new set up is built around forcing sides to go long.

High press + Ash Taylor + No Cosgrove = Hopefully St Johnstone dominant.

This is based around Aberdeen not signing a 7ft carthorse on loan/playing Main.

1 minute ago, Center half said:

You Dont! let them worry about us for a change.

Ah, the classic of the da genre. "Let them worry about us!!", before they score three goals from corners because nobody has any idea who they're marking.

Lewis  
Hernandez   Taylor   Hoban  Mackenzie 

Mccorie  Ferguson  

mclenanan    Mcginn                 Hayes 

New st/Ruth 

that’s what I want but don’t think it will be that 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Lew24afc said:

Lewis  
Hernandez   Taylor   Hoban  Mackenzie 

Mccorie  Ferguson  

mclenanan    Mcginn                 Hayes 

New st/Ruth 

that’s what I want but don’t think it will be that 

Hayes will be left back for a start. If Bryson is fit/available he'll play, and Ojo will be in there somewhere as well. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

802E2BAC-72ED-47E9-8EF5-3C4400A9D67F.jpeg

If he doesn't play Ruth or a potential new signing up front I hope he at least puts someone like Mcginn or McLennan up top rather than the rumour Ferguson would play there against Hamilton.

Edited by Rodhull