St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

the pubs might be empty but beer gardens are stacked full of desperate whinos who can't spend a nice saturday afternoon without getting minced 

Edited by Doctor

They broke the four households rule, and they're sorry. Are folk really still wanting "contracts ripped up" and points deductions? I'm not convinced it would be proportionate to the crime TBH.

16 minutes ago, resk said:

They broke the four households rule, and they're sorry. Are folk really still wanting "contracts ripped up" and points deductions? I'm not convinced it would be proportionate to the crime TBH.

radicalleftist.txt 

25 minutes ago, resk said:

The statement they released should be enough to get Aberdeen kicked out of the league with no right of appeal.

How serious was the breach of protocols and rules ? The consequence of postponement of the St. Johnstone match, the risk to themselves and others outside their 'bubble', the potential of passing on the virus to staff at Aberdeen F.C. and future opponents, the possibility that their actions could eventually lead to the league being suspended again with the possible impact of clubs going out of business.

The players' statement acknowledged that they broke two sets of rules, but not deliberately. Well, either they knew that the rules existed, in which case they deliberately disregarded them or the Aberdeen F.C. management failed to communicate the rules to the players involved. It's one or the other.

In my opinion, the breach is serious and the sanction should reflect the seriousness of the offence and at the same time provide enough of a deterrent to avoid a repeat of this type of conduct by any club in the league. I would suggest a 6-point deduction for Aberdeen and a warning of heavier sanctions should there be any more breaches.

11 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

No one could of foreseen this.......aye right then. Literally everyone with a basic understanding of how this spreads looking at the situation in pubs up there  could of foreseen this.

Have to say that " the statement " is embarrassing. They seem to be intent in making a bad situation worse.

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Have to say that " the statement " is embarrassing. They seem to be intent in making a bad situation worse.

All football related statements are embarrassing.

It's the lack of proof reading on this one that does it for me.Screenshot_20200808-171037_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d230de9141b972fef465113c2b39308a.jpg

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

The "bubble" exists only on the training field and pitch. They go through procedures before entering the field which give them the allowance to then ignore social distancing for the duration of training/the game.

As soon as they come off the field they are strictly distanced again - to the extent of 3/4 people to a changing room, 1 person to a table if eating on site and not giving eachother lifts to training. 

The notion that these 8 thought they could go out for a meal/drinks in a group of 8 and this would be within the rules is moronic and they are a bunch of cowards for hiding behind ignorance as an excuse.