St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Stephen O’Donnell’s attitude on Sportsound today was disgraceful.

Clear to see, Scottish Football players don’t get it.

Have you got a link (or a summary) to what was said? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be seething if this game is postponed yet the game on Wednesday goes ahead.

You were literally shitting yourself about this game going ahead and talking about Aberdeen still being clear favourites despite missing eight players. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You were literally shitting yourself about this game going ahead and talking about Aberdeen still being clear favourites despite missing eight players. 

Most of my posts on the matter were quite clearly not serious. I think I've joked about us always losing fixtures shown on Sky for about a decade now.

I can't figure out a single logical reason for the game this weekend to be postponed yet not the game on Wednesday. 

The fact that Aberdeen can go into a game with their first choice LB suspended, then get 8 players "banned", and somehow come out of that situation by being allowed to play the game at a later date when they'll be stronger is a baffling state of affairs, if they're allowed to play in a weakened state just days later.

St Johnstone will literally be the only team who lose in this situation.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Oh, come on now. 

My posts about us being "guaranteed losers" and "not getting a shot on target" were clearly jokes. As was the one about us losing 4-0 and an Aberdeen youth player scoring a hat trick.

Surely thats obvious?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

My posts about us being "guaranteed losers" and "not getting a shot on target" were clearly jokes. As was the one about us losing 4-0 and an Aberdeen youth player scoring a hat trick.

Surely thats obvious?

I never seen any of those posts. I am on about the ones where you were saying that you've only 2 fit midfielders and how young Ali McCann is. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never seen any of those posts. I am on about the ones where you were saying that you've only 2 fit midfielders and how young Ali McCann is. 

Yes. We have two fit midfielders, less players than Aberdeen even if they're missing eight, and they can still put out a strong side.

Really struggling to understand why that means I shouldn't be annoyed other teams can play them in this state yet we have to play them when they're in a stronger position?

Its like me saying Celtic without Brown, McGregor, Forrest and Edouard would still beat Saints, but being annoyed if we're denied the chance to play a Celtic side without them while others aren't denied it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Sportsound podcast now up.

Stuck up for the players.

Basically everyone else is out doing it so why shouldn’t football players.

Ordinary public can’t even navigate arrows in a supermarket.

Nicola is wanting football clubs to fail.

That sort of thing....

As raging as I am at the players involved (whoever they actually are), I think it's important to make an pertinant point.

Aberdeen FC have stated they have full confidence in the procedures they have implemented, and the guidance they have given to players. There will (and should) be an investigation into that. Should it be determined AFC were at fault, we absolutely should be punished in an appropriate way. If it is found that the players in question wantonly, or negligently disregarded the procedures set down by the club, then they should be the ones punished.

This isn't a "shit on AFC, and let the shit flow downhill" kind of situation, as much as the diddies would like it to be.

I'm happy with the response by Cormack and McInnes thus far, and think the club have acted correctly. According to McInnes the players are also regretful for their actions. However, it's hugely embarrassing for the club none-the-less, and I wouldn't be surprised if the sanctions laid down on the players were extraordinary. We'll probably never know what they are though, for obvious reasons.

Personally I'd like to see them all lined up in their tracksuits in front of live television cameras, to read a scripted apology to the people; North Korean style. Then Tony Doc walks along and rips the club badge off their chest as they fall to their knees and weep for forgiveness from the almighty Mack.

(I may have had a dram or two)

Edited by Illgresi

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most of my posts on the matter were quite clearly not serious. I think I've joked about us always losing fixtures shown on Sky for about a decade now.

I can't figure out a single logical reason for the game this weekend to be postponed yet not the game on Wednesday. 

The fact that Aberdeen can go into a game with their first choice LB suspended, then get 8 players "banned", and somehow come out of that situation by being allowed to play the game at a later date when they'll be stronger is a baffling state of affairs, if they're allowed to play in a weakened state just days later.

St Johnstone will literally be the only team who lose in this situation.

Blame the Government. Everyone else wanted the game to go ahead today.

As raging as I am at the players involved (whoever they actually are), I think it's important to make an pertinant point.
Aberdeen FC have stated they have full confidence in the procedures they have implemented, and the guidance they have given to players. There will (and should) be an investigation into that. Should it be determined AFC were at fault, we absolutely should be punished in an appropriate way. If it is found that the players in question wantonly, or negligently disregarded the procedures set down by the club, then they should be the ones punished.
This isn't a "shit on AFC, and let the shit flow downhill" kind of situation, as much as the diddies would like it to be.
I'm happy with the response by Cormack and McInnes thus far, and think the club have acted correctly. According to McInnes the players are also regretful for their actions. However, it's hugely embarrassing for the club none-the-less, and I wouldn't be surprised if the sanctions laid down on the players were extraordinary. We'll probably never know what they are though, for obvious reasons.
Personally I'd like to see them all lined up in their tracksuits in front of live television cameras, to read a scripted apology to the people; North Korean style. Then Tony Doc walks along and rips the club badge off their chest as they fall to their knees and weep for forgiveness from the almighty Mack.
(I may have had a dram or two)
That's fair comment. I don't think the club should be punished if, as you say, the players disregarded guidance from the club. This isn't about football for me, it's about public health and safety. Just now some things are more important than football. As for those defending the players because they were asked to make the very small sacrifice of not going to the pub, tell that to the people who have made much bigger sacrifices like having cancer treatment put on hold or hip replacements cancelled, or not being able to attend the funeral of a loved one. The players involved here are arseholes. They might not be the only players who have gone to the pub but they are the ones who got caught out.

The argument that the players are being harshly treated or didn't do anything wrong is a nonsense. 

They know it and they knew it as they did it. In all probability they discussed it before they headed out.  

I guarantee there is nothing in Aberdeens guidelines and procedures as a club that makes it  seem that going out mob handed to the boozer is ok.

They've certainly made a total c*nt move here. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Blame the Government. Everyone else wanted the game to go ahead today.

They wouldn't have had the chance to make that call if your players hadnt been fannies.

I'll blame both your players and them, tbh.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They wouldn't have had the chance to make that call if your players hadnt been fannies.

I'll blame both your players and them, tbh.

Right. While football fans and the SNP are not exactly on the same side in terms of policy, other than an arguable lack of clarity in recent weeks, the Aberdeen players need to take the brunt of the responsibility here. 

While lots of people can legitimately claim to be confused by the seeming contradictions in the public advice, lots of people don’t have access to industry specific guidelines and instructions like football players do.   

What's hard to understand about "you can go to the pub for a pint, but just don't band together like a bunch of fannies?" 

It's not just Aberdeen, the pub itself should be getting hounded for allowing them to all group together the way they did. 

It's not "confusing". Everybody understands the fundamental message. Some are just simply choosing to ignore it.