St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

SPFL say it’s on despite what it says on ScotGov website.

If that is the official link that is going round. As I said, it states SPL not SPFL which makes me wonder.

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is certainly not what happened in English football though. A few players had positive tests, and these players would surely have been in contact with several players in prior to this, yet all that happened was that the affected player sat it out. Perhaps the Scottish guidance is different, but it's not absolutely clear this is the case.

It's also not really about the other 6 Aberdeen players anyway - the SPFL were happy for the game to go ahead without those 8 players, but the government presumably had some concerns and/or wanted to set an example.

Yes, my post was badly phrased. You still have to self-isolate even after a negative test if you were told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace. Maybe the other English players at the clubs who tested negative weren’t told by test and trace to isolate, so perhaps that is why it is different. Don’t know.

The only point I was making was that further tests of the Aberdeen players in the 14 days will be irrelevant because all 8 players have to sit it out for 14 days no matter what. It was the other poster who suggested they might available after testing and that might allow the games to go ahead.

5 hours ago, The Marly said:
7 hours ago, Detournement said:
That's crazy. 
Would you be raging because a work colleague went for a pint?

These aren't normal times we're living in. As I said on the Aberdeen thread, players have been given the privilege of returning to their profession and earning a living (a very good living incidentally). Hundreds of thousands of people would love that opportunity just now. These players have stuck two fingers up to every connected to Aberdeen FC(including the fans who put money into the club during these tough financial times) and Scottish football in general. I feel sorry for the Dons fans and it's good that so many of them are furious with these fuckwit players.

Why are footballers the only people in the country banned from a night out? Not doctors or retail workers, carers or teachers. Just footballers.

Just now, Detournement said:

Why are footballers the only people in the country banned from a night out? Not doctors or retail workers, carers or teachers. Just footballers.

Because amongst all the footballers in the land, only they are allowed to play after agreeing to strict conditions which they chose to ignore, potentially fucking it up for everyone else.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Because amongst all the footballers in the land, only they are allowed to play after agreeing to strict conditions which they chose to ignore, potentially fucking it up for everyone else.

Being 'allowed' to play is a fucking nonsense. The idea that football is dangerous is absolutely farcical. 

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Because non-essential businesses can reopen with social distancing in place. Football cannot operate with social distancing, and therefore, so that football can go back without social distancing in place, this agreement was reached. 

Doctors, teachers, carers and retail workers are essential workers, the government are not giving them special dispensation to carry on working. 

This shouldn’t be difficult shagger. 

Have you been outside lately? Social distancing is well and truly over.

It's a pandemic. People will get the virus. It was caught quickly. The Aberdeen players who aren't isolating should play the fixtures. The government shouldn't be cancelling anything. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Being 'allowed' to play is a fucking nonsense. The idea that football is dangerous is absolutely farcical. 

Think you might be one off these thick c***s that don't understand  how a virus can be passed between  people! f**k all to being in a dangerous environment! FFS

55 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Being as you thought it was outrageous stopping you going to the pub just to protect old and sick people,who didn't have that long to go anyway, I'll take your judgement on this and file it in the bin*.

Spoiler

Just to annoy @MixuFruit :P

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

H_B in being a shite contrarian troll shocker.

I suspect he really believes this for a change. Big fan of Cummings' debunked herd immunity theory imo.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, neildrake said:

Why has the game with St Johnstone been cancelled? Aberdeen must have 11 or 12 players at some level who are covid  free. Youth and reserve  players usually train separated from the first team. Let all these rookies play in the game and punish the players who went out on the town and the club.  Would serve as a warning to others.  We would also see the players who were missing and therefore be able to identify the idiots. 

The match has been postponed by the Scottish Government not any football body. I believe that they want to spend a couple of days checking over Aberdeen’s protocols before allowing them to play again. If the Government is satisfied that Aberdeen, as a club, are following all the proper procedures and giving the proper advice to their staff, they will allow the Hamilton and Celtic matches to go ahead. The Government don’t give a shit about Celtic/Rangers, Rangers/Celtic, 10(*) in a row, who plays who when.