St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

37 minutes ago, resk said:

Are you reading these requirements from the detailed covid protocols? Or are you just making up rules based on what you think should happen, like the rest of us?

The Government state that if you have direct contact, or work beside, someone who tests positive, then you must self isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you test negative or not.

Quite why footballers are considered immune from that is beyond me. 

Aberdeen training wasn't halted until Thursday, so the entire club should be in isolation for 10 days from that date.

A disgrace wtf they doing going to the pub anyway idiots.I agree with those who think points should go to St Johnstone i would also award points to Celtic and Hamilton also ,club should be punished.I am so angry right now.

Let them do my job for the wages i get paid and a fair percentage i give to  the club .Then they will realise what a dream job they have .Is it too much to ask players during a pandemic to get fit stay safe and be sensible.

Guest Flash
36 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd presume the thinking is there will be another test before Wednesday. Anyone likely to have the virus wouldn't pass two tests (I know it doesn't always show immediately).

Is that not the point of the 14 day self-isolation period, though because you can test negative in that period and yet still have it? Otherwise there would be no need for the Aberdeen players who have tested negative to self-isolate for 14 days, they’d only need to self-isolate until their next test. 

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:
Government ministe😂rs stepping in because they heard we'd be playing with 8 players missing. Hopefully they get Consi's red card rescinded too. Tell them Douglas Ross had a hand in it.

Consi? Is he Italian now?

They don't say he's hung like a stallion for no reason 

Quite a bit of over reaction about this (shock!).

This is the first incident since the games re started, and there must be a fair chance it won’t be the last. It could have happened to any club and no doubt some players of other teams were also out at the weekend. 
The players get a fine, warning etc and move on. It’s only a game and it’s played by people, not robots. Was bound to happen at some point that the virus got into a dressing room. 

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Is that not the point of the 14 day self-isolation period, though because you can test negative in that period and yet still have it? Otherwise there would be no need for the Aberdeen players who have tested negative to self-isolate for 14 days, they’d only need to self-isolate until their next test. 

The 14 day isolation is in effect for the 8 who were in the bar.

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

Match postponed.

So St Johnstone and Hamilton matches postponed.

Looking like Celtic will be the only side who get to play a weakened Aberdeen side, just now.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Amazed one of the later games hasn’t been moved to fill the vacant tv slot.

This rescheduled game is still going to be on Sky on 20th August, so they don't really have an "extra" game available in their deal.

It would probably be challenging to move a game at short notice due to the covid protocols and so on.

35 minutes ago, ken es said:

A disgrace wtf they doing going to the pub anyway idiots.I agree with those who think points should go to St Johnstone i would also award points to Celtic and Hamilton also ,club should be punished.I am so angry right now.

Let them do my job for the wages i get paid and a fair percentage i give to  the club .Then they will realise what a dream job they have .Is it too much to ask players during a pandemic to get fit stay safe and be sensible.

:lol:

Posts like this are wonderful. Truly eye opening stuff. 

Guest Flash
23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The 14 day isolation is in effect for the 8 who were in the bar.

I know. I was replying to the poster who was suggesting the other games will go ahead because the 6 Aberdeen players will be tested before then. My understanding is that it won’t matter if they are tested again. The NHS guidance says you normally don’t need to self-isolate if you test negative but you still have to if you’ve been in contact with somebody who tested positive. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/what-your-test-result-means/

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

I know. I was replying to the poster who was suggesting the other games will go ahead because the 6 Aberdeen players will be tested before then. My understanding is that it won’t matter if they are tested again. The NHS guidance says you normally don’t need to self-isolate if you test negative but you still have to if you’ve been in contact with somebody who tested positive. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/what-your-test-result-means/

This is certainly not what happened in English football though. A few players had positive tests, and these players would surely have been in contact with several players in prior to this, yet all that happened was that the affected player sat it out. Perhaps the Scottish guidance is different, but it's not absolutely clear this is the case.

It's also not really about the other 6 Aberdeen players anyway - the SPFL were happy for the game to go ahead without those 8 players, but the government presumably had some concerns and/or wanted to set an example.

Edited by craigkillie

Why has the game with St Johnstone been cancelled? Aberdeen must have 11 or 12 players at some level who are covid  free. Youth and reserve  players usually train separated from the first team. Let all these rookies play in the game and punish the players who went out on the town and the club.  Would serve as a warning to others.  We would also see the players who were missing and therefore be able to identify the idiots. 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Government state that if you have direct contact, or work beside, someone who tests positive, then you must self isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you test negative or not.

Quite why footballers are considered immune from that is beyond me. 

Aberdeen training wasn't halted until Thursday, so the entire club should be in isolation for 10 days from that date.

I might be wrong but individual players in England testing positive were sent home and the squad stayed together? I assume they felt their testing strategy was so well covered it would detect if others had it? 

[emoji38]
Posts like this are wonderful. Truly eye opening stuff. 
Get yourself on to the Twitters mate. Top entertainment, as the roasters try to outdo each other in how furious they are and what wild punishments they can dream up for the players.

4 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I might be wrong but individual players in England testing positive were sent home and the squad stayed together? I assume they felt their testing strategy was so well covered it would detect if others had it? 

They presumably followed the "return to training protocol" by saying they had symptoms, staying at home and getting tested, and then isolating.

The Aberdeen players, by most accounts, didnt follow those procedures, so returned to training without informing the club they attended the pub, and were training while infected.