St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

That's in the past. Move on and man up. Salty tears.

Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if St Johnstone have maybe asked for it to be postponed for 2 weeks tbh.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure we're all stunned that St Johnstone get punished for Aberdeens mistakes, but Celtic will benefit through playing a weakened Aberdeen side.

A complete fucking shambles.

That can't be right, is there an official source?

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure we're all stunned that St Johnstone get punished for Aberdeens mistakes, but Celtic will benefit through playing a weakened Aberdeen side.

A complete fucking shambles.

Hang on a minute, I think this is what we’re looking for right here.

Spoiler

1433A457-662F-4ED8-89F7-C24E0F02C850.gif.4b4f8bda66798ee2ada4a542cd779386.gif

1 minute ago, stressball said:

Amazed one of the later games hasn’t been moved to fill the vacant tv slot.

Presumably all the home clubs have sold PPV.

SKY's agreement with the SPFL says that clubs can't PPV games that are broadcast - I don't imagine the clubs could be fucked with the hassle and PR grief they'd get from home and away fans who have already paid over their cash so Sky would have been told to do one.

SSN managed to cause confusion earlier by announcing they would be broadcasting the Motherwell v United game but both clubs have clarified that's not the case.

Don’t understand why tomorrow game off but Aberdeen are then to play two games within quarantine period. What is the difference St. Johnstone should be awarded points tomorrow to set a standard that must be met.

2 minutes ago, Judge said:

Don’t understand why tomorrow game off but Aberdeen are then to play two games within quarantine period. What is the difference St. Johnstone should be awarded points tomorrow to set a standard that must be met.

If they postpone Wednesday then they've to postpone the Celtic game, which causes a fixture backlog for Celtic due to Europe.

This is clearly more important than players health.

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

SSN managed to cause confusion earlier by announcing they would be broadcasting the Motherwell v United game but both clubs have clarified that's not the case.

Its apparently the 6-6 Motherwell Hibs game they're showing.

Typical Sky if they've got one clubs name wrong.

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hang on a minute, I think this is what we’re looking for right here.

Reveal hidden contents

1433A457-662F-4ED8-89F7-C24E0F02C850.gif.4b4f8bda66798ee2ada4a542cd779386.gif

Its true.

You postpone our game then you've to postpone them all within the 14 day time frame.

There is zero logical reason to allow Wednesdays game to go ahead if a game on Saturday is too high risk. Testing cannot prove 100% other players dont have the virus, and theyre now all risks.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Its true.
You postpone our game then you've to postpone them all within the 14 day time frame.
There is zero logical reason to allow Wednesdays game to go ahead if a game on Saturday is too high risk. Testing cannot prove 100% other players dont have the virus, and theyre now all risks.
Are you reading these requirements from the detailed covid protocols? Or are you just making up rules based on what you think should happen, like the rest of us?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its true.

clearly Adolf Sturgeon hates the saintees 

Its true.
And so it begins.

Saintees have just won a watch. The Aberdeen team against them will now be full of Mcinness’ overpaid, over rated, cumbersome, unfit haddies who were on display against the ****, instead of some young, hungry positive players  who would put up a decent performance. 

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

When i read that headline on the statement from Steve Brown, initially I was thinking he was massively underplaying it and just saying "never mind, could have happened to anyone", but it's worth a listen as it's an excellent statement putting the onus on players to make sensible decisions.

There's no doubt this has been a perfect storm of bad luck. They go out in Aberdeen the night the virus flares up.  But the more crowded places you go, the more chance for this to happen.

I get folk are going to say they're allowed to live, but they could have booked a private room somewhere for drinks and a meal, a suite at the stadium, a hotel or restaurant away from the city centre.. 

Every single supporter in Scotland will currently be going without something they enjoy doing: playing recreational football, going to the gym, swimming, cinema, concerts, going into work still for some.  Is it really that big a sacrifice for 'professional sportsmen' to not go into crowded pubs for the next few months?