St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Guest Flash
22 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

I can't remember the figures but I am sure HAFC got docked the exact number of points to keep a certain club safe. That certain club was above them in league and whose chairman was partly responsible for the punishment.

They were deducted 15 points that put them 4 points behind Queens with 3 games to play. I don’t think we had anybody from the club involved with the SFL at the time. We did have a chairman who was President of the SFA in the late 70s but that was more than 20 years before this event.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Massive difference between the meal and the bar IMO.

I don't know any details of either mate - assume meal could have been in a location that allows for easier social distancing than a boozer, but given infection is still apparent then avoiding all unnecessary public gatherings for a wee bit longer wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do for either set of players.  

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

When you put it that way... lol

I don't see a reason why we don't play it on Wednesday, thus only affecting 1 game and not moving the Aberdeen - Livi fixture? 

Seems convenient that the Aberdeen players will all be allowed to play the fixture now, unless I'm missing some European games on TV hence Sky demanding it then?

I don't see a reason why we don't play it on Wednesday, thus only affecting 1 game and not moving the Aberdeen - Livi fixture? 
Seems convenient that the Aberdeen players will all be allowed to play the fixture now, unless I'm missing some European games on TV hence Sky demanding it then?
Champions League semi final on the 19th.

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

Those in isolation would be allowed out on the 19th. They need a days training. 

4 minutes ago, resk said:
11 minutes ago, Widge said:

Champions League semi final on the 19th.

Fair enough, albeit that's an 8pm kick off, nothing to suggest the game couldn't have been played at 5.30pm. 

Either way whilst Aberdeen are at a disadvantage for the Hamilton and Celtic games as a result, the one team that's been inconvenienced other than Aberdeen get no advantage at all, other than the 8 players having not trained for a fortnight.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

Fair enough, albeit that's an 8pm kick off, nothing to suggest the game couldn't have been played at 5.30pm. 

Either way whilst Aberdeen are at a disadvantage for the Hamilton and Celtic games as a result, the one team that's been inconvenienced other than Aberdeen get no advantage at all, other than the 8 players having not trained for a fortnight.

Fucking wee nippy, eh?

34 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I don't know any details of either mate - assume meal could have been in a location that allows for easier social distancing than a boozer, but given infection is still apparent then avoiding all unnecessary public gatherings for a wee bit longer wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do for either set of players.  

In the restaurant you basically don't need to move at all unless you need a pish.

At Soul they were cramming strangers in to tables to get more folk in along with no social distancing whatsoever in the queue. I'd also imagine you've got drunk lassies trying to get in amongst the players along with dafties giving them grief for the result.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

In the restaurant you basically don't need to move at all unless you need a pish.

At Soul they were cramming strangers in to tables to get more folk in along with no social distancing whatsoever in the queue. I'd also imagine you've got drunk lassies trying to get in amongst the players along with dafties giving them grief for the result.

So you're saying that the Aberdeen players were 'provoked' into getting the coronavirus?  Hibs fans at it again no doubt. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Those in isolation would be allowed out on the 19th. They need a days training. 

if they've not been able to train for 2 weeks thats surely an advantage to st johnstone fresh off their rangers and kilmarnock pumpings