St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

Conspiracy Theories Thread for this backward batshit fermer folklore pish.

I agree but had a little chuckle when I thought about Sturgeon ripping the players then rewarding Aberdeen by postponing the game. Now before I get accused of the same I don’t think the intention was to reward Aberdeen but that’s what happened, even Cormack admitted he was grateful it wasn’t a forfeit. 

Just now, Bose said:

I agree but had a little chuckle when I thought about Sturgeon ripping the players then rewarding Aberdeen by postponing the game. Now before I get accused of the same I don’t think the intention was to reward Aberdeen but that’s what happened, even Cormack admitted he was grateful it wasn’t a forfeit. 

She was asked by a reporter about that as all she said in her statement was that it had been cancelled. She said whether it was postponed or not was down to the football authorities and any sanction was up to them.

Just now, welshbairn said:

She was asked by a reporter about that as all she said in her statement was that it had been cancelled. She said whether it was postponed or not was down to the football authorities and any sanction was up to them.

The government “requested”:it was postponed and she said it was correct that it doesn’t go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Bose said:

I think she's giving the SPFL an opportunity to get its house in order and deal with it internally.  We could yet see a 12/42 team vote to decide Aberdeen's fate.

1 minute ago, Bose said:

The government “requested”:it was postponed and she said it was correct that it doesn’t go ahead. 

I'm pretty sure the government will have just said they didn't want a game between Aberdeen and St Johnstone tomorrow, how you achieve that is up to you.

I'm pretty sure the government will have just said they didn't want a game between Aberdeen and St Johnstone tomorrow, how you achieve that is up to you.
She very carefully said 'not go ahead'. No mention of postpone or cancel in the initial statement.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You were giving it a big "only in Scotland" thing, only for me to point out that players in England or elsewhere had similarly broken the lockdown and/or tested positive. You then shifted the goalposts to claim that your concern was about them being in pubs in a group, and I pointed out that pubs weren't even open when the English season was ongoing.

It is likely that the risk being taken by the Aberdeen players in going to the pub was relatively lower than that being taken by the various English PL players who attended parties and what not. They just got "unlucky" in that their irresponsible behaviour actually led to a couple of them being infected.

Thanks for the attempts at keeping me honest.  It's a very attractive quality.  

I've no concern and frankly don't give a shit as it doesn't involve Hibs players, but they're arseholes for going to the pub in a big group so early in the season, or while this situation still rumbles on for that matter.  

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Red Barry said:

Some Accies players went on strike a few years back, so we could not field a team for a match against Stenhousemuir.

We were docked 13 points and relegated.

It was 20 years ago. They were docked 15 points by the SFL. The relegation wasn’t automatic, Accies could still have stayed up, although I think they needed to win all 3 of their remaining games as it turned out.

11 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Thanks for the attempts at keeping me honest.  It's a very attractive quality.  

I've no concern and frankly don't give a shit as it doesn't involve Hibs players, but they're arseholes for going to the pub in a big group so early in the season, or while this situation still rumbles on for that matter.  

Hibs players did go to a restaurant in a fairly big group on exactly the same night, they just happened not to catch the rona whilst doing so.

Hibs players did go to a restaurant in a fairly big group on exactly the same night, they just happened not to catch the rona whilst doing so.
Points deduction and sackings all round for the Hibees as well then. Unless we are only punishing people who catch it, which would be a bit harsh tbh.

4 minutes ago, resk said:
8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Points deduction and sackings all round for the Hibees as well then. Unless we are only punishing people who catch it, which would be a bit harsh tbh.

*sigh*

For the fuckteenth time, it's about social distancing, it's not about 'going out' (eta or about catching the virus TBH).

It has to be assumed that there is some evidence that the Aberdeen players did not adhere to guidelines. I'm not aware of a similar accusation against any other team players. At least not in the public domain. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

2 minutes ago, resk said:
6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Should probably just hang all teams to be on the safe side. 

That's crazy. 
Would you be raging because a work colleague went for a pint?
These aren't normal times we're living in. As I said on the Aberdeen thread, players have been given the privilege of returning to their profession and earning a living (a very good living incidentally). Hundreds of thousands of people would love that opportunity just now. These players have stuck two fingers up to every connected to Aberdeen FC(including the fans who put money into the club during these tough financial times) and Scottish football in general. I feel sorry for the Dons fans and it's good that so many of them are furious with these fuckwit players.

49 minutes ago, Bose said:

Graham Spiers on Twitter suggesting the pubs opening and confusing rules should take responsibility. 

Daft c**t.

Bars are open but I've made a conscious decision not to go after nipping in to justice mill for five minutes after a meal and seeing it's not a great set up currently.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What an establishment club we’ve become. 

Big Fucking Davie Cormack is some boy.

Government ministers stepping in because they heard we'd be playing with 8 players missing. Hopefully they get Consi's red card rescinded too. Tell them Douglas Ross had a hand in it.