St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Do St Johnstone have to agree to it? 

From what I understand if they don’t agree to it they would have to state their case as to why, as would Aberdeen in their case for it.

It would then be decided upon by the governing body.

Edit: I don’t see many teams going “naw we want the points” or “make them play kids” at this stage. Some might inevitably try that though. We’ve seen the lengths some teams have went to to escape relegation ;)

Edited by stressball

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The English players couldn't have been in the same pub because pubs weren't open for most of the season. The English players were breaching the actual law by doing what they were doing, it's not entirely clear whether the Aberdeen players were - it depends how many (if any) of them live together.

Unsure of your point.  As they weren't breaking the law, allegedly going out in such a big group in the current environment is OK?

2 hours ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Not sure I can even argue against this defaulting to a St Johnstone win to be honest. Don't think it should effect goal difference though, just the points. It's not fair on them to congest their calendar because we've got some morons in the squad.

What an utter embarrassment the players involved are, club needs to fine them to high heavens. Beyond unacceptable for them to be going to a bar at times like this even if it's within the rules, they should be setting an example.

100% this.

I always knew you were a sensible guy. Did you get your photo with them on Saturday night? 😉

4 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Unsure of your point.  As they weren't breaking the law, allegedly going out in such a big group in the current environment is OK?

You were giving it a big "only in Scotland" thing, only for me to point out that players in England or elsewhere had similarly broken the lockdown and/or tested positive. You then shifted the goalposts to claim that your concern was about them being in pubs in a group, and I pointed out that pubs weren't even open when the English season was ongoing.

It is likely that the risk being taken by the Aberdeen players in going to the pub was relatively lower than that being taken by the various English PL players who attended parties and what not. They just got "unlucky" in that their irresponsible behaviour actually led to a couple of them being infected.

Beyond the issue with the St Johnstone Aberdeen game I hope this hammers home what a fucking trash society we live in when opening pubs was in any way considered wothwhile during all this 

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

100% this.

I always knew you were a sensible guy. Did you get your photo with them on Saturday night? 😉

Ssssssshhhhhhhh John, how can I continue to be disgusted and enraged by the players in question being a massive bunch of eejits if it gets out that this photo exists!?!?

4 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Beyond the issue with the St Johnstone Aberdeen game I hope this hammers home what a fucking trash society we live in when opening pubs was in any way considered wothwhile during all this 

At what point would you consider opening pubs reasonable, or do you want them shut forever?

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

You  can have any views you like. The fact that Sturgeon, Yes and SNP are soaring in the polls is an indisputable fact

I agree, it's an added bonus that a No voting city has been locked down and the team forced not to play.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its that Ramamagamma weirdo.

Pops up with a few condescending posts towards Saints fans every so often, before vanishing to the gaming forum to talk about how shite Final Fantasy is. Clearly a mid-20s VL.

im on record as liking the final fantasies tho