St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Just now, Green Day said:

Agreed.

I would also say that I can guarantee that some  players of other clubs were out on Saturday night post match too - we all have young guys signed, some hundreds of miles from home living in a flat and they will be going stir crazy alone.

It is also possible for them to go out (say for a meal or whatever) and be safe and sound.

We dont actually know 100% what happened in this case - perhaps they were daft, perhaps unlucky - but any schadenfreude from other clubs fans is really silly.

If not this Saturday then definitely at some point.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

If not this Saturday then definitely at some point.

There are people talking about 5 Hibs players out last Saturday (on the back of your story), definitely at a restaurant but who knows if they also went to a pub?

They are not monks

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

There are people talking about 5 Hibs players out last Saturday (on the back of your story), definitely at a restaurant but who knows if they also went to a pub?

They are not monks

Can imagine a few players are quietly panicking at the moment.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

They are not monks

Not a bad idea though, those guys from Shaolin Soccer were pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have Googled it and I see why they're 4/1 now. Won't be betting.

Don't be fooled, they still have more "senior" players than us.

We only have two fit CMs.

26 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You know the rules and which ones have been broken then? 

I don’t know the exact wording although I am sure it’s out there if you want to go looking

The Scottish Government has been pretty clear the rules they put in place with the SPFL to allow fitba to return have been broken 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-politics/2392192/scottish-government-accuses-aberdeen-players-of-breaching-coronavirus-rules/?utm_source=twitter

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

They are not monks

Thing is this will have happened, it's happening in every line of work. The issue isn't with the players going out, it's the fact they've not done it safely, maintaining distances and using their common sense to look at a potential situation and walk away because it isn't safe.

I've not issue if saints players want to go to a pub in a group of 3/4 on a weekend, but only if the place has clear boundaries in place, there's clear distancing and they implement a test and trace system. The players have just as much of a right to live their lives as the rest of us after all.

34 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t know the exact wording although I am sure it’s out there if you want to go looking

The Scottish Government has been pretty clear the rules they put in place with the SPFL to allow fitba to return have been broken 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-politics/2392192/scottish-government-accuses-aberdeen-players-of-breaching-coronavirus-rules/?utm_source=twitter

It would have been quicker to say "no" 

Sorry but there is a bigger picture here 

professional sport was given compensation to restart if they followed certain guidelines 

to date a golfer and his caddie, a cricketer (who missed a test match) English Premiership footballers and a horse trainer atGoodwood have broken the rules and been dealt with

dont know what guidelines the Scottish government have put for football but if the players have breached them the book should be thrown at them.

if government can’t believe that professional sportsmen will follow the rules what chance is there of them letting fans into games ??? Or the season continuing 

please please remember this virus has not gone away ( seems to thrive in confined spaces ) and the winter has yet to come