St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Same one that says postponing the game is a serious option I take it?

No language like that but does say there is a chance all players and staff will have to isolate and that it's likely return to training protocols were broken.

3 minutes ago, Fillin said:

Aye the email looks like if the player is proven to have deliberately broken the rules they'll use us to set an example.

And quite right.

Any player who's broken protocol and/or taken a risk by hitting a pub should be absolutely hammered. Same with his club.

The league won't take kindly at all if they have to provide Sky with compensation for cancelled a scheduled live game.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No language like that but does say there is a chance all players and staff will have to isolate and that it's likely return to training protocols were broken.

The second half of the email says:

"Suggested actions at this stage may be to:

• Cancel Aberdeen's upcoming fixture this weekend against St Johnstone in Perth

If the rules have been broken then all test and protect protocols will need to be followed, which may in turn result in the cancellation of further Aberdeen Fixtures"

Edited by Fillin

4 minutes ago, Fillin said:

The second half of the email says:

"Suggested actions at this stage may be to:

• Cancel Aberdeen's upcoming fixture this weekend against St Johnstone in Perth

If the rules have been broken then all test and protect protocols will need to be followed, which may in turn result in the cancellation of further Aberdeen Fixtures"

We've got different emails then.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And quite right.

Any player who's broken protocol and/or taken a risk by hitting a pub should be absolutely hammered. Same with his club.

The league won't take kindly at all if they have to provide Sky with compensation for cancelled a scheduled live game.

🙄

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot-20200806-152011-Whats-App.thumb.jpg.2a68fabe60a1beb247925a21286d885a.jpg

"All contacts of the player will be asked to self isolate".

If that email is genuine, then the game is off.

This is the one I was sent.

Yes I thought the game would have to be off as well following self-isolation rules if youve been in contact with someone that's tested positive. Even though the entire staff could be tested tomorrow, don't think the league will want to take the chance.

If the stories of the players being out at a bar not social distancing are correct, it's hard to have any sympathy for them. Should be serious discipline dished out by Aberdeen, and a big fine for the club.  

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes I thought the game would have to be off as well following self-isolation rules if youve been in contact with someone that's tested positive. Even though the entire staff could be tested tomorrow, don't think the league will want to take the chance.

If the stories of the players being out at a bar not social distancing are correct, it's hard to have any sympathy for them. Should be serious discipline dished out by Aberdeen, and a big fine for the club.  

How big are you talking? Think it's a bit harsh to discipline the club unless they've given the player permission to make a c**t of it?

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🙄

If its true that 8 Aberdeen players hit the pubs on Saturday night then the club should absolutely be punished.

If its just one fanny who's breached it then they should just get a warning.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Players tested positive at English PL and Championship clubs without games having to be postponed. Obviously we have a slightly different set of rules here, but the point of the testing is to somewhat circumvent the need to self-isolate.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

How big are you talking? Think it's a bit harsh to discipline the club unless they've given the player permission to make a c**t of it?

I'd imagine any fine for Aberdeen would be equal or greater than the amount of any penalty Sky can impose for the game not being one.

The more you think about this, the more you can see the SFA making an example of Aberdeen and harshly at that, even if it is a minority of the players who've gone out. Whether it was 1 or 30 of the employees they'll probably view a breach the same in both cases. As I said previously it's harsh on Aberdeen as a club due to it being a minorities actions, but someones got to be culpable and the SFA only really have jurisdiction over the club. 

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If true, could possibly see SPFL, SFA & potentially Scottish Government involvement.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Aren't clubs responsible for the behaviour of their players though, especially in the current situation?  If it's simply a rap on the knuckles then there's no deterrent for others.  It's the live match on sky, and one of their few sporting attractions this weekend.  

I know it's harsh, and I wouldn't like it if it was us, but I don't think the spfl have any choice but to fine Aberfeen £500,000 and deduct them 25 points.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If its true that 8 Aberdeen players hit the pubs on Saturday night then the club should absolutely be punished.

If its just one fanny who's breached it then they should just get a warning.

So why should the club be punished and not the 8 individuals?

Is there anything in the return to training protocols that suggests this?

Aside from putting the team up at a hotel and operating inside a bubble there's not much the clubs can do if players act like morons