St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Don't like leaving Muzz out, assuming he's fit, think that we missed his presence winning balls in midfield on Saturday and that made a difference.

Watched the United replay on Saints TV last night - interesting viewing with no crowd sound. Listen to Mellon at the 14 minute mark after MoH's first bad tackle, clearly trying to get him sent off (by repeatedly using the phrase 'I'm no trying to get the lad sent off but'). Wonder if Hendry will get similar treatment given what happened at the last home fixture? On second viewing there were a number of reasonable performances.

Worth  sticking to 3-4-3 to see what we can make of it I reckon.

Parish 

Kerr    Gordon   McCart   

Dan Mac    McCann     Davidson     Booth

Spoony     Hendry    May

ETA 2 - 0 home win. Kerr + Conway.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't like leaving Muzz out, assuming he's fit, think that we missed his presence winning balls in midfield on Saturday and that made a difference.

Watched the United replay on Saints TV last night - interesting viewing with no crowd sound. Listen to Mellon at the 14 minute mark after MoH's first bad tackle, clearly trying to get him sent off (by repeatedly using the phrase 'I'm no trying to get the lad sent off but'). Wonder if Hendry will get similar treatment given what happened at the last home fixture? On second viewing there were a number of reasonable performances.

Worth  sticking to 3-4-3 to see what we can make of it I reckon.

Parish 

Kerr    Gordon   McCart   

Dan Mac    McCann     Davidson     Booth

Spoony     Hendry    May

ETA 2 - 0 home win. Kerr + Conway.

He wasn't the only one. 

MOH barely touched their GK. Was rolling about for about a week. Connolly reacted like he'd just witnessed a stabbing everytime MOH put a tackle in to get ref attention. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He wasn't the only one. 

MOH barely touched their GK. Was rolling about for about a week. Connolly reacted like he'd just witnessed a stabbing everytime MOH put a tackle in to get ref attention. 

Yeah it's really obvious when you watch it back. Seemed like he was a walking red card at the time but apart from the first one the fouls were fairly innocuous. 

When you listen to Mellon he goes on for a very long time to the ref with the 'not saying he should be sent off', 'explain why it's not a red' patter which clearly put it into the ref's head. 

Might be that CD bigging him up in the press backfired a bit. 

Also, he was having a poor game which could well have been the extra pressure. 

Would like to see more games without commentary, it's fascinating. Normally I'll skip through breaks in play but I watched the whole thing because the mike catches bits of conversation, and you hear where the manager's attention is. 

"shuffle!"

"one way!"

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

MOH deserved everything he got lads, all of his own doing even if they were hounding the ref. If this happens again I'd expect Davidson to react quicker as well.

He deserved it because of bad judgement, yes, going in for the tackle that got the second yellow was just moronic, especially for a pro with his amount of experience. Don't think that the offences themselves were that bad though. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Hendry’s our best striker and will finish the season as our top scorer. You are very much mistaken in your assessment. I will accept Kane criticism at a push, but not Hendry.

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen Tanto. Reports suggest he's stupid fast and strong with it. 

If MOH started on Saturday in order to terrorise the opposition back line with pace, might not be a surprise to see the same lineup with Tanto in the MOH slot on the right of the front 3. 

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen Tanto. Reports suggest he's stupid fast and strong with it. 
If MOH started on Saturday in order to terrorise the opposition back line with pace, might not be a surprise to see the same lineup with Tanto in the MOH slot on the right of the front 3. 
He can be as fast and as strong as he wants, but if he's stupid then he won't know where to run or where to kick the ball.... [emoji848]

7 minutes ago, Bato Loco said:

He can be as fast and as strong as he wants, but if he's stupid then he won't know where to run or where to kick the ball.... emoji848.png

That's being a tad unfair on the Idiot Community, it never hindered Frank McAvennie.  

I'm usually a fan of O'Halloran, but that performance on Saturday was one of the most brain dead from a Saints player in a long time.  The manager was quite right to criticise him in public.

A 29 year old experienced player on a booking, when he was already lucky it wasn't a red, and he runs about leaving the foot in on every late challenge he makes.

He went in for more 'challenges' whilst on a booking than he's done in the rest of his career combined at Saints.  Mental.

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm usually a fan of O'Halloran, but that performance on Saturday was one of the most brain dead from a Saints player in a long time.  The manager was quite right to criticise him in public.

A 29 year old experienced player on a booking, when he was already lucky it wasn't a red, and he runs about leaving the foot in on every late challenge he makes.

He went in for more 'challenges' whilst on a booking than he's done in the rest of his career combined at Saints.  Mental.

It was almost as if he had a large bet on himself getting sent off. Not that I’m suggesting that he actually did, of course.