Rangers v St Mirren

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

And that is clearly Rangers' prerogative to do so.

However, the act of involving opposition chairmen and staff to participate in this creepy, almost ritualistic or cult-like ceremony is toe-curling and rubs folk up the wrong way.

I quite like little traditions and quirks. I don't have any strong feelings on the Loving Cup but I do think there is a place for continuing stuff like that. 

I think if your club has something like this then you can expect a bit of a slagging though from other fans though. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

However, the act of involving opposition chairmen and staff to participate in this creepy, almost ritualistic or cult-like ceremony is toe-curling and rubs folk up the wrong way.

It’s a toast mate, literally a nip of whisky. “Ritualistic or cult-like ceremony” is hyperbole.

I would make an educated guess that opposition chairmen and staff have the option to refuse Rangers’ invitation to take part - I’m just assuming those that do choose participate see it for what it is... a harmless, respectful gesture.

The way Goldson threw himself down at the slightest touch on Saturday suggests Dallas will be the 12th man to get them over the line

On on the positive side COVID has managed to do what the SFA couldn't do and closed Ibrox down, this will make it a whole lot more watchable

It’s a toast mate, literally a nip of whisky. “Ritualistic or cult-like ceremony” is hyperbole.

I would make an educated guess that opposition chairmen, match officials and staff have the option to refuse Rangers’ invitation to take part - I’m just assuming those that do choose participate see it for what it is... a harmless, respectful gesture.

You missed match officials [emoji57]

I wonder if this will actually go ahead. I was looking at the BBC website and it states that the winners from tomorrows game play the next game on the 10th, then the 16th with the final on the 21st.

Dates in spoiler:

Spoiler

333347ef-7b95-4403-be55-835322090c74.jpg

I don't think many expect Rangers to progress, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If they did, would this game (on the 9th) be shifted? It's an already tight schedule so I'm not sure where it could fit in.

Rangers, btw, are due to play Livi on the 16th which is the same date for the semi-final should Rangers progress once more.

For those wondering, the Bundesliga doesn't begin again until September.

Edited by Ric

6 hours ago, Ric said:

I wonder if this will actually go ahead. I was looking at the BBC website and it states that the winners from tomorrows game play the next game on the 10th, then the 16th with the final on the 21st.

Dates in spoiler:

Hide contents

333347ef-7b95-4403-be55-835322090c74.jpg

I don't think many expect Rangers to progress, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If they did, would this game (on the 9th) be shifted? It's an already tight schedule so I'm not sure where it could fit in.

Rangers, btw, are due to play Livi on the 16th which is the same date for the semi-final should Rangers progress once more.

For those wondering, the Bundesliga doesn't begin again until September.

Leverkusen could play in galoshes and still beat us.  In the unlikely event that we win then, yes, Sunday's game would be postponed.

On 04/08/2020 at 13:20, djchapsticks said:

The word you're looking for is "freemasonry".

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Leverkusen could play in galoshes and still beat us.  In the unlikely event that we win then, yes, Sunday's game would be postponed.

Galoshers? You're showing your age there kinky, me ol' mucker!

It's more a discussion for the actual game thread, but Leverkusen haven't played a competitive game in a month. I'm sure they'll have had friendlies considering the importance of this game but it's essentially their close season.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Galoshers? You're showing your age there kinky, me ol' mucker!

It's more a discussion for the actual game thread, but Leverkusen haven't played a competitive game in a month. I'm sure they'll have had friendlies considering the importance of this game but it's essentially their close season.

I tend to tailor my vocab. to the audience 😎

Oh and thanks fo giving me some hope...but I think this will be a game too far.

On 04/08/2020 at 14:34, Lola montez said:

The way Goldson threw himself down at the slightest touch on Saturday suggests Dallas will be the 12th man to get them over the line

On on the positive side COVID has managed to do what the SFA couldn't do and closed Ibrox down, this will make it a whole lot more watchable

A minority of the Stadium audio speakers will be playing sectarian songs 

On 03/08/2020 at 09:32, Munoz said:

Will there be missiles getting thrown into the away corner of the ground to keep things authentic? 

Your game on Thursday should definitely help our slim chances of taking anything from the game, but will still be a big ask. 

Will be an interesting watch. Two days rest this early in the season after a match in which Rangers will have gone all out definitely plays into St. Mirren’s favor.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Going to Liverpool with Mrs Boo this weekend. Tips for securing a 2 hour window so I can watch this?

Just tell her we can go 6 points clear of Aberdeen when we win. 

49 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Going to Liverpool with Mrs Boo this weekend. Tips for securing a 2 hour window so I can watch this?

Send her to the nearest Primark - women get lost in there for hours.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 14:34, Lola montez said:

Dallas will give you nothing, you can be assured of that.  His M.O. is to make sure his team win and win well.