Rangers v St Mirren

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Why 'so called'?  They are the match officials.

4 penalties in one game 3 of which was proved in Sportscene video analysis to not be penalties.  The SFA followed that up with a suspension for Dallas.  I'm not too bothered he is the match offical as the spot light will be on him. 

16 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

4 penalties in one game 3 of which was proved in Sportscene video analysis to not be penalties.  The SFA followed that up with a suspension for Dallas.  I'm not too bothered he is the match offical as the spot light will be on him. 

I think they agreed one was a pen which is par for Brother Dallas Jr when reffing his Govan heroes. 

25 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Michael Stewart " Dermot Gallagher clearly doesn't understand the rules of the game if he thinks that 3 of the 4 were correct"

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Might as well go the full hog and have Broxi Bear running the other line. 

No, no, that's just you being cynical. I hear they aren't going to bother with an official to run the line, instead the Rangers players have been asked to be honest about whether it's out and pass that decision onto Dallas so he can give it or not.

12 hours ago, FTOF said:

Wonder if Sheron will be fit for this.

If he is he might play in front of the back four.

I think we'll see a couple of changes. Thor in for McAllister, just for physical presence, and possibly Sheron in for McGrath to activate Ultimate Shitfest mode in the middle of the park.

That would properly be a 'hoping for a 0-0' formation but I'd bite yer hand off for that score, and despite Jim's big talk about being more positive, I think he was probably referring to games against the other nine sides.

There is no way Dallas should be anywhere near this game. 

You can guarantee that had a referee awarded 3 penalties incorrectly in an old firm game in the past couple years they would be nowhere near the game so soon. I think this is only our second game at Ibrox since that game 18 months ago. It’s a rotten decision, it’s akin to the days we always seemed to get Eddie Smith as referee when playing Celtic.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

At least - I hope - Covid has put a stop to those fruity fuckers drinking from the furry cup or whatever that noncey shite is called.

That piece of subservience takes place during the first home game of  the calendar year not first home game of the season.

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

At least - I hope - Covid has put a stop to those fruity fuckers drinking from the furry cup or whatever that noncey shite is called.

I am sure the Loving Cup sits in the trophy cabinet alongside the Challenge Cup as the only silverware this upstart club has won in its short history.

eta - I hope all of their ST holders have to lick it just to prove stauncheness

Edited by Green Day

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't imagine anyone connected with Rangers* would have a love of arcane ritual, needless ceremony & false hierarchy.  Oh, wait...

What is it with the Loving Cup ceremony people take offence to?

It’s a small gesture to commemorate Rangers taking part in a benefit match following an incident in Stoke where dozens of miners lost their lives.

Or is it the request to toast the reigning monarch that people get their pants twisted about?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

What is it with the Loving Cup ceremony people take offence to?

It’s a small gesture to commemorate Rangers taking part in a benefit match following an incident in Stoke where dozens of miners lost their lives.

Or is it the request to toast the reigning monarch that people get their pants twisted about?

Correlate any common ground between the two highlighted sentences and I'll accept it. Why is the queen being toasted with a cup remembering dead miners?

And 'it was donated by the royal family' doesn't count as a reason to fucking toast them.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Correlate any common ground between the two highlighted sentences and I'll accept it. Why is the queen being toasted with a cup remembering dead miners?

And 'it was donated by the royal family' doesn't count as a reason to fucking toast them.

There were numerous Loving Cups commissioned and given to English league clubs to celebrate the coronation of the then King.

Rangers were gifted one after they played in the benefit match to raise funds for the impacted families.

It was the Stoke chairman’s one request that they toasted the reigning monarch which Rangers have respected ever since.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

There were numerous Loving Cups commissioned and given to English league clubs to celebrate the coronation of the then King.

Rangers were gifted one after they played in the benefit match to raise funds for the impacted families.

It was the Stoke chairman’s one request that they toasted the reigning monarch which Rangers have respected ever since.

And that is clearly Rangers' prerogative to do so.

However, the act of involving opposition chairmen and staff to participate in this creepy, almost ritualistic or cult-like ceremony is toe-curling and rubs folk up the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And that is clearly Rangers' prerogative to do so.

However, the act of involving opposition chairmen and staff to participate in this creepy, almost ritualistic or cult-like ceremony is toe-curling and rubs folk up the wrong way.

In addition, if this was a club that didn't have any other creepy associations, then that might help. But it all helps add to the lodge vibe, and I suspect they know this.

It's not for me.