Rangers v St Mirren

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You don't really believe this, do you?! 

Anyone that knows an old firm fan will grasp what it is to them. Do I like it ? No. Old firm make Scottish football uncompetitive due to the £ sign.  Saints avarage salary 50 grand. Rangers goes into the hundreds of thousands.  Even Aberdeen cant come close to paying such salaries.  Unfortunately it is what it is in Scotland, two big clubs so far out in front of every other club in the country.  Is it a good thing ? Of course not but how do you get local people to be proud where they grew up and support the local team. That's what it is to me as a Paisley Buddie.  

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

Anyone that knows an old firm fan will grasp what it is to them. Do I like it ? No. Old firm make Scottish football uncompetitive due to the £ sign.  Saints avarage salary 50 grand. Rangers goes into the hundreds of thousands.  Even Aberdeen cant come close to paying such salaries.  Unfortunately it is what it is in Scotland, two big clubs so far out in front of every other club in the country.  Is it a good thing ? Of course not but how do you get local people to be proud where they grew up and support the local team. That's what it is to me as a Paisley Buddie.  

james franco wtf GIF

Getting people that are proud to be from Paisley could be an issue? [emoji848]

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Erra-hon.

3-0 feels about right here, though it's been a doing and could easily have been more. Arguable penalty shout that would have been given at the other end, but can't see that made any difference to the result.

I love Goodwin but he will never send us out to win these games. I just hope we're more positive across the piece in other fixtures this season, or I fear that's what's going to undermine his time with us.

Yeah, he needs to try something a bit different in these games now. It nearly worked against rangers a couple of times last season, especially the home game where Morais missed the sitter at the end, but we invite too much pressure. Even if we defend well and the keeper plays well it's too susceptible to deflections and the like because we never get out and force the issue higher up the pitch.

7 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, he needs to try something a bit different in these games now. It nearly worked against rangers a couple of times last season, especially the home game where Morais missed the sitter at the end, but we invite too much pressure. Even if we defend well and the keeper plays well it's too susceptible to deflections and the like because we never get out and force the issue higher up the pitch.

Looking at the Hamilton game, I want to see McGrath much, much closer to Obika, and Durmus and whoever's on the right pushing on much more. With that defence, and with McPherson and Foley behind, there's no reason we can't play with more attacking intent.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Looking at the Hamilton game, I want to see McGrath much, much closer to Obika, and Durmus and whoever's on the right pushing on much more. With that defence, and with McPherson and Foley behind, there's no reason we can't play with more attacking intent.

I think we will. By then we will hopefully have another attacker in as well.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ended up a routine victory in the end - still think we need to do more to create opportunities against teams sitting in.

Alnwick was the difference between 3-0 and a cricket score.  How many opportunities do you want?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Alnwick was the difference between 3-0 and a cricket score.  How many opportunities do you want?

One way traffic aye, but cricket score nah. Most of his saves ( about 5 or 6 of any note) were comfortable. 

I'd say we more than help gift the 3 goals yous did get. 

Hard to know what, if anything, that game says about this Saints team.

Thought defence looked solid against Livvy, but Rangers were always going to be a different proposition, and cut us open too easily too many times.

Alnwick had another solid game  though, and one of my biggest worries this year was replacing Hladky.

Definitely need other striking options.

Looking forward to Thursday, and no more games agains the Rich Kids for a couple of months.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I just felt we still seem a bit laboured when trying to create chances from open play.

Decision making and side to side passes takes away from us being more effective.

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

And we will be facing a pissed off Celtic team looking to take their frustrations out.

The joys

Or on the other hand - we'll be looking to take our frustrations out. 

I would need to see it again, but at the time I thought it wasn't in the box, close but not in it.

That said, I also believe that if it happened at the other end, Dallas would be pointing direct to the spot without hesitation.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

I would need to see it again, but at the time I thought it wasn't in the box, close but not in it.

That said, I also believe that if it happened at the other end, Dallas would be pointing direct to the spot without hesitation.

McCarthy actually thrust his right leg back to make the contact, but it was inside the box. I'd have been gutted to see that given against us.

But if some Rangers player launching himself forward to land in the box 18 months ago was a penalty, then this fucking was as well.

Edited by Coventry Saint

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

But if some Rangers player launching himself forward to land in the box 18 months ago was a penalty, then this fucking was as well.

But... these things even themselves out!