Rangers v St Mirren

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Did the Rangers TV stream work well for this game? 

Offical stream is as good as you will get for online streaming.  If you want to see your team as I did this is the most reliable.  You expect bias to Rangers but it's not OOT. English commentator gave a good impression of quality.  My wee review from an away fans perspective. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Did the Rangers TV stream work well for this game? 

Normally (as recently as the A'deen game) I would log on to RTV and immediately select 480p for the picture quality and it would still scroll regularly throughout the game.  On Sunday, though, I left the browser on 'auto' (which I guess is 720p) and it was perfect for the 2hrs I was watching.  They must have invested in a serious server/bandwidth upgrade. 

As far as the production itself goes - well it was obviously Rangers-centric but was pretty professionally done.  Emma Dodds in the anchor role was excellent as was Clive Tyldesley.  The 'professionals' were a mixed bag.  Neil McCann is always good, Alex Rae's a bit of a dick, Kevin Thomson's words are clear and coherent but his delivery is boring as f**k and Niko Katic looked a bit lost.

Overall? 10/10 for the stream and 7/10 for the production.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Normally (as recently as the A'deen game) I would log on to RTV and immediately select 480p for the picture quality and it would still scroll regularly throughout the game.  On Sunday, though, I left the browser on 'auto' (which I guess is 720p) and it was perfect for the 2hrs I was watching.  They must have invested in a serious server/bandwidth upgrade. 

As far as the production itself goes - well it was obviously Rangers-centric but was pretty professionally done.  Emma Dodds in the anchor role was excellent as was Clive Tyldesley.  The 'professionals' were a mixed bag.  Neil McCann is always good, Alex Rae's a bit of a dick, Kevin Thomson's words are clear and coherent but his delivery is boring as f**k and Niko Katic looked a bit lost.

I agree with you about Tyldesley, although he did like to mention Liverpool fc a few times too many. He even managed to talk about Dallas's previous controversial penalty fest game. 

Definite improvement on previous service. 

8 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've never been a huge fan of Tydesley's style of commentary, but I'll admit that having him there instead of Tom Miller is a huge step up in quality. 

Kevin Thompson is pretty good, but just needs to inject a bit of personality.

we’ll never find out whit the goalie was doing.☹️

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

An excellent review. However, we will agree to disagree about McCann.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

+1 for the Rangers TV actually being ok. I must admit I didn't watch the build up, but the in-game stuff was thoroughly decent.

I had my phone on WiFi, 30mbps connection, and then cast it to my TV. Decent picture the whole time.

Never crashed once on Hesgoal,  good value for money.

+1 for the Rangers TV actually being ok. I must admit I didn't watch the build up, but the in-game stuff was thoroughly decent.
I had my phone on WiFi, 30mbps connection, and then cast it to my TV. Decent picture the whole time.
Agreed. Would have been 10/10 had they not mentioned that cup final, so I'll have to deduct 3 for that [emoji2957].

Clive was top class on commentary, really impressive. Wasn't as biased as he was doing the England games.