Rangers v St Mirren

In light of Kevin Clancy admitting that referees are well aware of what is at stake this season, we have Andrew Dallas officiating this game. Rangers didn’t look anything special on Saturday and they’ll hopefully be tired from Thursday. None of which matters as Dallas will be awarding penalties for fouls on the half way line.

Bayo to sign on loan on Saturday, scoring with 10 minutes to go in the game St Mirren look like pulling of a smash and grab win but Dallas is having none of that and penalties are scored by Rangers in the 86th and 91st minute.

Should we just put out a reserve team on Thursday as it's going to be impossible to pull that one back and concentrate on our Paisley pals?

Will Alfredo still be here, will we add in some fake booing to make it a more realistic experience for the St Mirren fans...

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Should we just put out a reserve team on Thursday as it's going to be impossible to pull that one back and concentrate on our Paisley pals?

Will Alfredo still be here, will we add in some fake booing to make it a more realistic experience for the St Mirren fans...

Will there be missiles getting thrown into the away corner of the ground to keep things authentic? 

Your game on Thursday should definitely help our slim chances of taking anything from the game, but will still be a big ask. 

I have written off both our next two games with the old firm both clubs will be going tooth and nail for wins. I thought Aribo looked very good against Aberdeen. Rangers have dangers all over the park that can do us damage.  Saints have now got a very good back line the best I have seen in a long time. We need to be more composed when coming out picking passes carefully. punting the ball up the park to a lone striker does not work it just gives the ball back to the opposition 9 times out of 10. Aberdeen did the same in the first half Rangers rang them ragged.  So I'm not expecting any points but would be over the moon if we did. 

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Will there be missiles getting thrown into the away corner of the ground to keep things authentic? 

Your game on Thursday should definitely help our slim chances of taking anything from the game, but will still be a big ask. 

I'd forgotten about our fans apparently throwing javelins at you guys, these behind closed doors games are going to be dull. 

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'd forgotten about our fans apparently throwing javelins at you guys, these behind closed doors games are going to be dull. 

I'm sure the nonsensical refereeing decisions will spice things up.

At first I thought getting Rangers at Ibrox with no fans would help us a little, but the more I think about it the more I think that could be wrong. When teams frustrate Rangers at Ibrox the fans get on the team's back, without the fans Rangers will probably be able to play with more freedom. 

As always in these fixtures, to take something we'll need to be at our best and hope Rangers have an off day. It's not completely out the question. We looked solid enough on Saturday but it's difficult to see where our goals come from. 

In light of Kevin Clancy admitting that referees are well aware of what is at stake this season, we have Andrew Dallas officiating this game. Rangers didn’t look anything special on Saturday and they’ll hopefully be tired from Thursday. None of which matters as Dallas will be awarding penalties for fouls on the half way line.

Remember these things are supposed to even themselves out, so I look forward to Saints getting 4 penalties, 3 of which are for fouls in the centre circle.

Watched first half of Aberdeen v Rangers on Saturday and was fearful for this game.

However Rangers apparently poor in the second half, and defensively Saints looked very solid against Livvy.

Rangers will be a level above that of course, and if we let them come at us for 95 minutes, we'll lose.

So even with a good looking defence we'll need to find a way of keeping possession for longer than we usually do when against the OF.

Probably still lose, but I feel we'll at least not embarrass ourselves.

21 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Watched first half of Aberdeen v Rangers on Saturday and was fearful for this game.

However Rangers apparently poor in the second half, and defensively Saints looked very solid against Livvy.

Rangers will be a level above that of course, and if we let them come at us for 95 minutes, we'll lose.

So even with a good looking defence we'll need to find a way of keeping possession for longer than we usually do when against the OF.

Probably still lose, but I feel we'll at least not embarrass ourselves.

Would not say Rangers were off in the second half. Aberdeen became a diffrent team when they made changes. 

Rangers looked lacklustre against a poor Aberdeen, we looked lacking against a poor Livi. Our defence is packed with experience and maybe Alnwick will have a point to prove, but you can't get past the fact that Morerlos and Kent are both very dangerous players.

Rangers will hopefully feel less sharp due to Thursday's Euro tie but Dallas I am sure will even things up.

Honestly? I'd fancy us getting something from this more than I do against Celtic in midweek after, but even then I rate it as "very slim".

Would bite your hand off for an shiftesting scoreless draw where we don't pick up any injuries and we're one game closer to being match fit.

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

At first I thought getting Rangers at Ibrox with no fans would help us a little, but the more I think about it the more I think that could be wrong. When teams frustrate Rangers at Ibrox the fans get on the team's back, without the fans Rangers will probably be able to play with more freedom. 

As always in these fixtures, to take something we'll need to be at our best and hope Rangers have an off day. It's not completely out the question. We looked solid enough on Saturday but it's difficult to see where our goals come from. 

I said on the match thread that, had Pittodrie been packed on Saturday, we'd not have won.  How it works in an empty Ibrox is yet to be tested but it can be a dispiriting place if we're being thwarted - and always has been.

On balance I think BCD games gives us an edge vs most Premiership teams.