Celtic v Hamilton Accies

I'd say eight (maybe nine) of the starting XI is nailed on:

Fulton
Odoffin Hamilton Want McMann
Smith ? Martin ?
Ogkmpoe ?

Callachan will probably play and I'd say it's a toss up between Moyo making it a 4-4-2 and Trafford making it a 4-1-4-1. f**k knows what we'll do on the left of midfield.

We did OK against Celtic last season, but we're missing a players who were key to how we did: no Gogic means we won't have a proper screen and someone to drop into CB when the going gets tough; he and Collar (injured) were also useful at just taking a second and playing a simple pass to get counters going; Alston, as bad as he was, was also good at driving counters; and Southwood was simply a competent 'keeper, which we don't currently have. The Hamilton-Want partnership isn't for me either.

Smith will be key in alleviating pressure (whoever plays LM might also be crucial to his play too) and hopefully Jullien is still terrified of big strikers.

4-0 Celtic

Guest Longbottom Leaf
Just now, jacobsladder said:

I see Sky’s coverage will be impartial - Martin O’Neil and John Hartson

Yes. An Irishman and a Welshman commenting on a Scottish football game. ☘️

4 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

I see Sky’s coverage will be impartial - Martin O’Neil and John Hartson

O'Neil will at least be able to identify some players, while Hartson will talk about "the big centre half" when analysing Hamiltons team. A spangle of the highest order.

1-1 in order to keep the mighty Hibernian at the top of the league.

31 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

Confused Larry David GIF

Finding it difficult to care about this game, it feels like the season really kicks off next week for us. 

If you look at the salary of ether old firm teams against smaller clubs its huge . Celtic players avarage salary is £895,000. Hamilton is £41,000. If Celtic were to drop points every player should be sacked. I'm a buddie our next two games are against the old firm which I have written off also. 

Finding it difficult to care about this game, it feels like the season really kicks off next week for us. 

This, I’ll be tuning in bang on half 4 as well no chance I’m watching an hour of that fat moron Hartson bumping his gums about Celtic.

Only things that gives us a little bit of hope is that Julien is shit scared of Oggy and a their new keeper could be having his very first experience of Scottish football, but it wouldn’t shock me if Bain starts in this one.

5-0

35 minutes ago, Green Day said:

O'Neil will at least be able to identify some players, while Hartson will talk about "the big centre half" when analysing Hamiltons team. A spangle of the highest order.

1-1 in order to keep the mighty Hibernian at the top of the league.

Yes with that fat arsehole involved this is a game to avoid watching.

7-0 to Celtic.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'd say eight (maybe nine) of the starting XI is nailed on:

Fulton
Odoffin Hamilton Want McMann
Smith ? Martin ?
Ogkmpoe ?

Callachan will probably play and I'd say it's a toss up between Moyo making it a 4-4-2 and Trafford making it a 4-1-4-1. f**k knows what we'll do on the left of midfield.

We did OK against Celtic last season, but we're missing a players who were key to how we did: no Gogic means we won't have a proper screen and someone to drop into CB when the going gets tough; he and Collar (injured) were also useful at just taking a second and playing a simple pass to get counters going; Alston, as bad as he was, was also good at driving counters; and Southwood was simply a competent 'keeper, which we don't currently have. The Hamilton-Want partnership isn't for me either.

Smith will be key in alleviating pressure (whoever plays LM might also be crucial to his play too) and hopefully Jullien is still terrified of big strikers.

4-0 Celtic

5-3-2 with your 8 nailed on starters + Callachan, Moyo & McKenna (third CB if fit) although could be completely wrong and I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Hughes start.

Anything better than a 3 goal defeat will be acceptable before the season starts for real next week.

Would be lying if I said I was really looking forward to this game. I have tried to watch other closed door matches but they really haven’t been for me. I tried listening to some of the Scottish games on the radio whilst driving yesterday and it just sounded terrible without the crowd. 

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Would be lying if I said I was really looking forward to this game. I have tried to watch other closed door matches but they really haven’t been for me. I tried listening to some of the Scottish games on the radio whilst driving yesterday and it just sounded terrible without the crowd. 

You don't like football, you just like the noise it makes?

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

You don't like football, you just like the noise it makes?

Just sounded like I was listening to game down a public park tbh. When its radio you are often intrigued by a crowd noise then listen more intently to hear what happened. Just made it a hard listen in the car so changed over.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The games just seem flat, like a bounce game. The fake crowd sounds imo just make it more noticeable.