Sportscene watch

31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You think he's going to mention it on the show?  

"Good evening and welcome to Sportscene, I'm Steven Thomson, before we bring you the highlights of the weekend's action let me just tell you what's going on with my beard."

Sort of the opposite.

If it was just him making an arse of holding some clippers and taking a chunk out of his beard, I'd expect the pundits or him to mention it in passing. It's the absence of such comments that made me think it might be a medical issue.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Sort of the opposite.

If it was just him making an arse of holding some clippers and taking a chunk out of his beard, I'd expect the pundits or him to mention it in passing. It's the absence of such comments that made me think it might be a medical issue.

I'm sure it's been like that for a while, maybe not as pronounced but I've certainly noticed "less" beard at that side of his face before. It's quite a common thing though. I'm the opposite with a wee bit that grows much faster than the rest.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm sure it's been like that for a while, maybe not as pronounced but I've certainly noticed "less" beard at that side of his face before. It's quite a common thing though. I'm the opposite with a wee bit that grows much faster than the rest.

I've got the other problem, I can grow a fine beard without issue at all, problem is the longer it gets the more ginger it becomes!

Yeah, I don't watch the show at all, who wants to see 20 minutes of OF sycophancy followed by Stewart or Miller going into perma-rage, so this is the first time I've noticed the beard thing.

Edited by Ric

That was a truly dreadful broadcast. Firstly the pundits and presenter were awkwardly arranged in the studio as if the plopped the chairs and camera into a room with no thought. You could also hear someone from the room open the door and leave, see them go outside to tell a Hearts fan off, then hear them come back in again - comedy stuff. 

The aggregate graphic clumsily inserted into the BBC's old scoreboard looked bad, but instead of fixing it, they just got rid of it altogether for most of the second half. I don't remember this being an issue with the Premiership play-offs last year but could be wrong. 

The camera looked like it was being operated by a slightly smarter Pixellot system as it seemed to struggle to keep up with play, and was too zoomed in which caused the camera to dart around. I also didn't think the sound was properly picking up the stadium noise, but it can be hard to tell when watching on TV. 

Then, of course, in case folk wanted to reply with "at least they're showing the game!", BBC Scotland failed to show the game. 

Tbh while the pundits, running order etc can be really bad on Sportscene, it's the shoddy technical stuff that annoys me the most. It's just an amateurish footnote a lot of the time that should be so much better. You've got an hour to show highlights of something folk really care about - how do you continue to mess it up?

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

That was a truly dreadful broadcast. Firstly the pundits and presenter were awkwardly arranged in the studio as if the plopped the chairs and camera into a room with no thought. You could also hear someone from the room open the door and leave, see them go outside to tell a Hearts fan off, then hear them come back in again - comedy stuff. 

The aggregate graphic clumsily inserted into the BBC's old scoreboard looked bad, but instead of fixing it, they just got rid of it altogether for most of the second half. I don't remember this being an issue with the Premiership play-offs last year but could be wrong. 

The camera looked like it was being operated by a slightly smarter Pixellot system as it seemed to struggle to keep up with play, and was too zoomed in which caused the camera to dart around. I also didn't think the sound was properly picking up the stadium noise, but it can be hard to tell when watching on TV. 

Then, of course, in case folk wanted to reply with "at least they're showing the game!", BBC Scotland failed to show the game. 

Tbh while the pundits, running order etc can be really bad on Sportscene, it's the shoddy technical stuff that annoys me the most. It's just an amateurish footnote a lot of the time that should be so much better. You've got an hour to show highlights of something folk really care about - how do you continue to mess it up?

Aye, it's the technical stuff that really pisses me off with BBC Scotland's football coverage too. In addition to all you've said there, I always think the actual quality of the pictures is really poor too.

Pretty much everything about BBC Scotland's football output on TV is really amateurish. Even Sportscene, which is basically their flagship football show, can look really homemade at times.

Sack Gary Lineker and get an oversized iPad for Thommo and Stewart to draw circles and arrows on, that will make it all better.

BBC’s efforts make the idea of Jim Delahunt palatable. Scotsport had a better jingle too.

I especially liked the 2 minutes of post match analysis. “Dopey red card, here’s Gordon looking glum, laterz”

Edited by Kapowzer

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The camera will have been human-operated, but the poor sound will be because there was only (3) microphones behind each goal. Normally you'd have another 3 down each side as well. 

They spent ages 'discussing' Morelos' red card and other boring pish around it this afternoon on Open All Mics. Not enough that one frequency was given to Sevco. They had to crowbar in more Sevco. 

It's been heading this way for a while, but the speed they're sprinting towards it is increasing.

They're huge cowards in more ways than one, mainly because they can't just admit that they don't give the slightest f**k about football in Scotland outside of Sevco and Celtic. Just turn your bullshit show in to the Celtic/Sevco wankfest you all want and stop pretending to care about anything else outside of those two teams.

P.S. Rangers died you pieces of shit.