Sportscene watch

28 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Why get a championship player as a pundit?

Craig Gordon, the guy who played 6 games of football for Celtic last season?  He's definitely qualified to be commenting on the Premier League over a thousand other players.  

I actually thought that went quite well. Kerr and Gordon seem enthusiastic. Getting Rory Hamilton in as a commentator is decent (although Idsane is no good I agree). The Hibs-Killie commentator seemed alright too. Also, the highlights seemed longer too and less rushed than before.

The results show is awful though.

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

Apparently this is the first Sportscene on a Saturday night for a while.

I’m surprised Jonathan Sutherland didn’t mention it more. 

I'd rather he mentioned that than the other thing that is getting mentioned all of the time on Scottish football shows.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

It seems the commentary is now being done “live” rather than being dubbed on after the fact, but it’s not clear if they’re actually at the grounds or just sitting at Pacific Quay. 

The commentary here suggests the latter, but it could just be a poor sound mix. 

I mean you can forgive them this with COVID going on. I like Kheredine, but he's not a commentator. Needs the Formation Graphics imo.

Apart from that, not bad for a first go in 18 years.

I don't know if this is controversial or not - but Jonathan Sutherland is pish. Yes, it can easily be worse as BBC Scotland are proving with Thompson hosting the Sunday show, but bring back Dougie Donnelly or even dare I say it, Dougie Vipond.

Craig Gordon, the guy who played 6 games of football for Celtic last season?  He's definitely qualified to be commenting on the Premier League over a thousand other players.  

What difference does it make how many games he played last season? He's been playing in Scottish football for over a decade in total, and more importantly is good in front of the camera.

They've specifically said that the programmes will include "pundits from the women's game, current Scottish Premiership players as well as current and former Scotland internationals". Gordon is in the latter category.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What difference does it make how many games he played last season? He's been playing in Scottish football for over a decade in total, and more importantly is good in front of the camera.

They've specifically said that the programmes will include "pundits from the women's game, current Scottish Premiership players as well as current and former Scotland internationals". Gordon is in the latter category.

I hope they don't have to discuss any offside decisions...

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I thought Kerr and Gordon were pretty good. Would be happy to see them on every week tbh.

Plus Craig needs something to do on a Saturday until October.

What the f**k is it with the BBC and this constant inviting of Hearts players / fans / ex managers as pundits?

One dimensional pish.

31 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What the f**k is it with the BBC and this constant inviting of Hearts players / fans / ex managers as pundits?

One dimensional pish.

I think Kerr is on as the national team boss rather than what team she supports.

56 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sorry Mrs Gordon.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

One dimensional pish.

Yes, but this is only a poor attempt by BBC Scotland to cover up the shocking anti-Hearts bias shown by the BBC (indeed ALL media, but especially by Tom English et al on Sportsound), as has been highlighted by one or two highbrow contributors lately on JKB.