Sportscene watch

On 22/05/2023 at 18:35, LIVIFOREVER said:

Got to admit i'm now extremely hooked on this VAR v Aberdeen/Robson saga, hoping VAR will push him to his limit and he'll run over to the monitor with a sledge hammer and demolish it. Can't be much more he can take before it happens.

Knowing the Robbo clan it's certainly not impossible.

On 22/05/2023 at 18:10, tarapoa said:

Why was the onside/offside VAR-decision "line" used for the game at Parkheid, but not for Shankland's goal at Tynecastle?

If you watch the segment with Howard Webb about how VAR is used down south, they’ll first eyeball it, then roughly position a line to see if it’s worth getting out the crosshairs. This is how VAR is supposed to be used everywhere.

No reason (outside the usual conspiracy crap) to think it’s any different here. And the footage is pretty clear - Shankland stays behind McGregor. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2023 at 15:32, Allroy for Prez said:

Glad it wasn’t just me who heard that!
I grew more and more raging every time he said it! 😂 

On 14/05/2023 at 02:49, LauriestonBairn said:

Who is Kevin Fan Fain?

⏬⏬⏬⏬

On 14/05/2023 at 15:58, FreedomFarter said:

The Dutch pronunciation is "fon fain" (according to google translate) so that's what the commentator must be doing. 

In response to the first two posters.... It's the way his name is pronounced so you both look a bit stupid 😂

On 04/06/2023 at 09:50, Stylish Kid said:

⏬⏬⏬⏬

In response to the first two posters.... It's the way his name is pronounced so you both look a bit stupid 😂

Oddly - KVV seems to pronounce the "V" when speaking in English at least - not using the Dutch softer pronunciation...Eg

So if it's good enough for the great man, it's good enough for everyone else.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Master said:

Probably relevant here as anywhere….

It seems Alba have binned their delayed coverage in favour of live games from League One. There’s nothing in the schedule for this weekend.

I did think its days were numbered when it was up against the main highlights programme at the same time every week.

Just now, LiviLion said:

Someone please tell me that Charlie Mulgrew isn't going to be a regular this season 

I do wonder about the capacity that Scottish football punditry has for paying the mortgages of ex-pros.

It must be at saturation point now surely.. . 

ECA4AF96-9CF5-4F32-B1B8-E437C266E6B7.thumb.jpeg.87b194b752f1c5aa69d2415a569508c0.jpegWas this meant to be the running order for matches? Then they just threw in the Kilmarnock v Rangers games after St Johnstone v Hearts. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

2 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

ECA4AF96-9CF5-4F32-B1B8-E437C266E6B7.thumb.jpeg.87b194b752f1c5aa69d2415a569508c0.jpegWas this meant to be the running order for matches? Then they just threw in the Kilmarnock v Rangers games after St Johnstone v Hearts. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

They probably were going to have ours last and then put it earlier because of the result.

17 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

When McCowan's shot comes back off the post and Robinson hits the rebound into Kelly's arms, the Motherwell defender pats the ball with his hand.  Should have been a penalty

That wouldn't be a deliberate handball.