Sportscene watch

8 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Only top 6 game out of the 4 today and we were shoved to the end. They must be really agitated about Hibs winning a game on such an occasion.

I think yesterday, the relegation battle was more interesting than the battle for europe - and the 3 bottom 6 games kind of came as a package - so it wasn't that surprising.

Proactive as ever, the Sportscene graphics team noticed that there were two Kellys in Livingston’s starting lineup. To avoid confusion, they labelled them as S. Kelly and S. Kelly. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

If you thought his touch for his goal was filth then it was an absolute travesty they didn't show his touch in the first half when he Cruyff turned the Kilmarnock defender with one touch taking the ball on the drop from Kelly's kick out. I'd love to see footage of it.

This was the touch I was on about (thanks to well fan for life for posting in the Motherwell thread). OK, it didn’t lead to anything so I can see why I didn't make the highlights package but surely it merited inclusion in the piece on Van Veen afterwards?

Whooft. Don't usually watch highlights on sportscene but that was dire. Ok I'm fizzing about the red card still but..... Jeezo

I mean all commentary was of the Andy Walker school of "its Rangers and Celtic, the rest are incidental". Whoever was on match comms could barely contain his glee and was noticeably hoarse by the "oh Celtic have won the title" celebrations.

Don't get me wrong, Celtic have been streets ahead of the rest generally but the dismissive or patronising punditry.... 🤢

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Proactive as ever, the Sportscene graphics team noticed that there were two Kellys in Livingston’s starting lineup. To avoid confusion, they labelled them as S. Kelly and S. Kelly. 

The BBC website was even worse with this last season. Montrose had two players with the same initial and surname. They both had squad numbers that were shown in the line ups and obviously differentiated them but during the match updates they called them A Player i and A Player ii instead of the listed eg A Player 3 and A Player 16 so you still didn't have a clue which one they were referring to. It really does beggar belief even for them.

3 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

The BBC website was even worse with this last season. Montrose had two players with the same initial and surname. They both had squad numbers that were shown in the line ups and obviously differentiated them but during the match updates they called them A Player i and A Player ii instead of the listed eg A Player 3 and A Player 16 so you still didn't have a clue which one they were referring to. It really does beggar belief even for them.

Ah, the Cammies Ballantyne. That was mental, and horrendously confusing for amateur record-keepers like myself.

The only similar one I can remember in recent ish years is Elgin had two David Craigs. One was known in the reports as David A Craig IIRC.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

48 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ah, the Cammies Ballantyne. That was mental, and horrendously confusing for amateur record-keepers like myself.

The only similar one I can remember in recent ish years is Elgin had two David Craigs. One was known in the reports as David A Craig IIRC.

I've seen a few ways two players with the same name have been identified. I just cannot get my head round how anyone with an ounce of common sense let alone intelligence saw this as an acceptable solution. It was there the whole season too. That nobody in a position higher than the pleb that set it up saw it and thought, whoa, what's this? and got it changed is even worse. I don't know if Montrose tried to do anything about it or if they just enjoyed the giggles the confusion caused.

Is there any special reason why Sportscene isn't on the iPlayer like it is any other week? If it's anything to do with the Eurovision song contest, I'm off to Pacific Key with a hammer.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Is there any special reason why Sportscene isn't on the iPlayer like it is any other week? If it's anything to do with the Eurovision song contest, I'm off to Pacific Key with a hammer.

FB6399AC-2628-448E-8264-7FD8A8E220EE.png

Dundee United about to take a penalty, they're 1-0 down.

"Coming into this game there was a point between these teams.. BUT NOT NOW ITS 1-1!!"

So, there still was a point between them at this point? :lol: