Sportscene watch

5 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

This is just complete ignorance of the rules from my point of view, but I kind of assumed that O’Hara’s yellow card for St Mirren would’ve been cancelled given a VAR check ruled that a penalty should’ve been awarded just a few seconds prior. 

It did cross my mind, but I am waiting for one of these delayed offsides to cause a knee high challenge then see what the decision is.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

It did cross my mind, but I am waiting for one of these delayed offsides to cause a knee high challenge then see what the decision is.

Happened in the last gameweek at Livi v Ross County. Brophy got played through, George raced off his line and wiped him out. Was fully expecting a red and penalty/free kick but instead the flag finally went up for offside (not that you'd know that given all the amateurs at BBC etc seemed baffled that Livi got a free kick)

If the flag hadn't gone up there would definitely have been a review and a red, not sure if/why the rules can keep a yellow after a changed incident but not give a red. Not that I'm complaining in this case.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Happened in the last gameweek at Livi v Ross County. Brophy got played through, George raced off his line and wiped him out. Was fully expecting a red and penalty/free kick but instead the flag finally went up for offside (not that you'd know that given all the amateurs at BBC etc seemed baffled that Livi got a free kick)

If the flag hadn't gone up there would definitely have been a review and a red, not sure if/why the rules can keep a yellow after a changed incident but not give a red. Not that I'm complaining in this case.

I didn’t see that due to being in the Caribbean the past two weeks but will look for it in my recorded Sportscene.

• 2 weeks later...

Sportscene tonight plumbing new depths of mediocrity, having had all day to put together a package for Ross County v Aberdeen they don’t bother, instead showing extremely brief highlights and no post match interviews or pre match graphics. The production values at Motherwell v Utd didn’t seem great either, commentary seemed to be coming from a caravan 

Loved that tonight - cursorily reading out the statement from the SFA about how there was an error with the VAR for Motherwell’s goal then analysing that with:

”Understand any of that?”

”Nope”

before moving on. 

I suspect there may have been slightly more wailing & gnashing of teeth had that decision gone against either of the cheeks.

And if it had been decisive in an Old Firm game I suspect the tone of the show would be similar to Steven Thompson and Neil McCann analysing a statement from NASA announcing that an apocalypse-inducing asteroid would be smashing into the surface of the earth in about 10 minutes time. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

The commentator in the St Johnstone game calling Daniel Philips a specimen 

F4D253A0-AC00-4F23-B15C-D33516A3DDDF.gif

That commentator said some strange things, what about the Stevie May goal, something like the shot was hit like a wounded duck. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

• 2 weeks later...

Some brilliant highlights from Van Veen today.  Oh to find a 25 goal a season striker from nowhere.

That first touch for his goal was sublime. Absolute filth. It says everything about the pundits in our game that it just got a passing comment whereas they’ll spend over 5 minutes dissecting every refereeing decision. If that was an OF player or big name down south they’d have been raving about it.

3 hours ago, Broughty said:

Can't see how united could even appeal that red card. Hallberg would have got the ball and had every chance of scoring.

That is wasn't a goal scoring opportunity? The covering defender might have gotten round before Hallberg got in a good position to shoot. The sportscene coverage never shows the wide angle when the tackle is made so it is hard to tell where any united player is.

From what I saw it doesn't look like any defender is covering so Mulgrew might get Shinnie'd if they submit a shite appeal that wastes everyone's time.

40 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Some brilliant highlights from Van Veen today.  Oh to find a 25 goal a season striker from nowhere.

That first touch for his goal was sublime. Absolute filth. It says everything about the pundits in our game that it just got a passing comment whereas they’ll spend over 5 minutes dissecting every refereeing decision. If that was an OF player or big name down south they’d have been raving about it.

If you thought his touch for his goal was filth then it was an absolute travesty they didn't show his touch in the first half when he Cruyff turned the Kilmarnock defender with one touch taking the ball on the drop from Kelly's kick out. I'd love to see footage of it.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

If you thought his touch for his goal was filth then it was an absolute travesty they didn't show his touch in the first half when he Cruyff turned the Kilmarnock defender with one touch taking the ball on the drop from Kelly's kick out. I'd love to see footage of it.

The one before his goal where he back heeled it for Spittal (?) to have a shot at goal was superb as well.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Wasn’t even his best touch (covered by Archie).

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

If you're subscribed to MFCTV the full game is up now. That turn comes at 40m 55s (on the match clock).

It's honestly the sort of thing you'd see Zidane do.

Edited by capt_oats