Sportscene watch

I used to like Stewart, but I seem to be going off him more every time I listen to him now.  

Even when I think that he is evidently on the correct side of a debate, he really struggles to articulate his arguments properly. It often just becomes a garbled, barely comprehensible mess. He ends up sounding like an adolescent arguing with his parents.

I could be being unfair here, but it does strike me that he thinks he is more intelligent than he actually is. I mean, he probably is slightly more intelligent than some of his colleagues and that maybe doesn't help the perception of him in some cases, but it isn't like he is shy of the odd wild take himself. 

17 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

McIntyre is a complete disgrace. He's the worst thing to ever happen to Sportsound.

A cynic might say the McIntyre appointment was a deliberate move by Pacific Quay after the ludicrous apology to Ibrox in bringing on as Sportsound chief heid, a well known bluenose. Keeps them onside especially after Richard Gordon stepped back as he is a notable fan of a traditionally hostile club.

Edited by AndyM

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

it isn't like he is shy of the odd wild take himself. 

But who isn't?

You've heard hours and hours of Stewart talking about football. If you and I sat for hours on end discussing fitba, we'd unquestionably find that each of us think things about the game that the other thinks totally mental.

I can't think of anyone I know with whom my views on fitba are completely aligned. We all have wild takes. You just get to hear all of his on the radio because he's paid to say them in public.

18 hours ago, Darren said:

The problem is he thinks he's an intellectual when he's not actually much (any?) more clever than said melts.

Whilst I don't think MS is a rocket scientist he is a lot sharper that the zoomers he's usually on the couch with like Kenny Miller, Richard Foster and Faddy. Because he doesn't come from the West of Scotland he'll also give Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen a fair hearing. 

Edited by AndyM

Generally speaking I like him and he was a good addition to punditry in Scottish football.  He can be a total nugget....his obsession with Craig Levein was unhealthy imo but more often than not I agree with him and at least am thankful that, up to now, he has not been too scared to oppose the two cults.

It's a bit better with Thomson hosting* and only asking Stewart his opinion now, rather than both of them being together giving one another's view. It always descended into an argument as Stewart just loved disagreeing with everything he said, sometimes sits there being awkward with Thomson when asked a question, giving a one word answer etc, but Thomson being the host doesn't get involved arguing with him now, which is an easier watch. They were like an old married couple when doing punditry together.

*not that i think he's a great host, he's got a bit more comfortable with it tbf, was awkward as feck looking to start with.

On 25/10/2022 at 09:10, The_Judge said:

, he has not been too scared to oppose the two cults.

On 25/10/2022 at 20:03, Junior_Arab said:

I’m not usually one to criticise my fellow posters’ spelling on here, but that seems a particularly obvious typo… 

I'm sure there will be outrage in Aiberdeen over that. There may be two Culters but there's only one Cults.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that Livi winner is almost identical to our winner in a cup replay there just before covid hit 
Exact same move, ground and end 
Life 🤌[emoji2532]

I'm really not seeing much similarity apart from them both being own goals at the same end of the pitch. The one against you was a front post stopping header after a looped ball was played back across goal, the Livi one last night was a player falling over the ball at the back post after a low drive.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I'm really not seeing much similarity apart from them both being own goals at the same end of the pitch. The one against you was a front post stopping header after a looped ball was played back across goal, the Livi one last night was a player falling over the ball at the back post after a low drive.

IDENTICAL 

6 hours ago, ropy said:

Good episode last night, good format, good amount of each game shown.

I thought the format last night was excellent. If I'm honest I usually just skip to the Aberdeen highlights and then switch off as I can't be bothered sitting through the prolonged punditry. If the kept last nights format I would be inclined to watch the other games every week.