Sportscene watch

13 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Just watching MOTD. The idiots opened with Fulham vs Brentford purely because it was an exciting match with lots of incidents and good goals! Haven’t they heard that the proper way to do things is to always put on the biggest teams first, promoting the entire league exclusively on the basis of (and for the benefit of) those 2 biggest teams and just giving the diddy teams a token couple of minutes each regardless of what actually happens in any of their matches??? 

What would you say was the most exciting game in Scotland today? 

In the livi game they gave away a penalty for handball (harsh maybe) but having given away the penalty, did their player get a yellow card? Don’t think he did, if not what the Fck is the rule? Several other teams have had players yellow carded when it’s a handball even when the ball is fired against a hand/arm. Where’s the consistency?? 

What would you say was the most exciting game in Scotland today? 

Tbf Hibs vs Rangers was obviously first choice today but you can bet that on another weekend if there was a 6 goal thriller at Rugby Park between Kilmarnock and St Mirren - while Celtic beat Ross County 2 nil at Celtic Park - they’d be opening their show like “Celtic were looking to extended their unbeaten run…”

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Love it when commentators try to do "foreign names". Guy doing the Well match pronounced Van Veen almost like "Funfair"😂

7 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Have Michael Stewart and Kenny Miller both called Bahamboula of Livi “Moyo” there or am I at it?

INFO : Bahamboula sent off today
Kenny Miller : How am I pronouncing...?!
Michael Stewart : His shirt says Moyo on the back
Kenny Miller : Thank FECK for that!

15 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

In the livi game they gave away a penalty for handball (harsh maybe) but having given away the penalty, did their player get a yellow card? Don’t think he did, if not what the Fck is the rule? Several other teams have had players yellow carded when it’s a handball even when the ball is fired against a hand/arm. Where’s the consistency?? 

I'd say so, clearly didn't hit his arm, and both officials were blocked from having a clear view, so looks like Goss chancing his arm* claiming for a pen influenced their decision, goss* incompetence by the officials.

*i'll get my coat.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kenny Miller said last night that they're is very little between the teams from Hearts down. I assume he's including Motherwell in that upper echelon (I wouldn't).

If he thinks there isn't much between Motherwell and Dundee Utd & Killie, he hasn't checked the league table.

15 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kenny Miller said last night that they're is very little between the teams from Hearts down. I assume he's including Motherwell in that upper echelon (I wouldn't).

I think that’s pretty fair. Any team can beat any team out with the top two. Hearts obviously have more than most teams and will likely win more than anyone else, but at the same time you wouldn’t be massively shocked if they lost points to Ross County, St Mirren, etc across the season. 

Rangers dropping points only after going down to 9 men away from home highlights the size of the gulf between them and the rest. 

13 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I think that’s pretty fair. Any team can beat any team out with the top two. Hearts obviously have more than most teams and will likely win more than anyone else, but at the same time you wouldn’t be massively shocked if they lost points to Ross County, St Mirren, etc across the season. 

Rangers dropping points only after going down to 9 men away from home highlights the size of the gulf between them and the rest. 

I believe that Mr McSquackle's point is that Kenny Miller appears to be using the league table for his analogy, and Motherwell are above Hearts. 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is going on with Thomson's beard?

I don't watch the show, so maybe he's already mentioned it, and I don't want to be insensitive if it's a health issue.

I believe that Mr McSquackle's point is that Kenny Miller appears to be using the league table for his analogy, and Motherwell are above Hearts. 
Correct. I think Kenny Miller just assumes Hearts must be in third place despite them spending most of the day watching games and seeing what is going on. I certainly don't think that Motherwell are set apart from everyone other than Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I don't watch the show, so maybe he's already mentioned it, and I don't want to be insensitive if it's a health issue.

As a fellow occasional gappy bearder, I'm assuming it's alopecia. I get it now and then, just appears over a few days then you're left with a bald patch. Usually grows back within a few months (I had a baldy bit for over a year once). 

It's not the end of the world. I welcome the "what the f**k is going on with your face" comments. 

It’s probably just clumsy wording in saying that at the moment, hearts are regarded as the 3rd best team in the country. 

Given it’s very early in the season, it’s not unreasonable to make the point based on last seasons league table, especially as no team has really shown yet they are/will be better than hearts. 

Nothing to get bent out of shape over. 

11 minutes ago, CoF said:

As a fellow occasional gappy bearder, I'm assuming it's alopecia.

It's what I thought at first, just wondering if he'd or the other pundits acknowledged it or not.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You think he's going to mention it on the show?  

"Good evening and welcome to Sportscene, I'm Steven Thomson, before we bring you the highlights of the weekend's action let me just tell you what's going on with my beard."

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You think he's going to mention it on the show?  

"Good evening and welcome to Sportscene, I'm Steven Thomson, before we bring you the highlights of the weekend's action let me just tell you what's going on with my beard."

5 minutes of that would still be better than any appearance by Kenny Miller