Sportscene watch

10 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Your opinion. Complete nonsense IMO.

After Aberdeens first equaliser we were the better team by far for the remainder of the game including Extra Time.

The dodgy Livi penalty was a lead they could only hold on to for 2 minutes.

The whole of extra time was an exercise from Livingston in wasting time and tactical fouling . To be fair they were shattered after putting a lot of work in to the 90 minutes.

Aberdeen's first equaliser was in the 77th minute, so in fact none of this is relevant to my point that Livingston were by far the better team in the first 75 minutes (which they were).

16 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

They were nothing like "by far the better team" in my opinion. If you feel that way then fair enough.

Thanks for proving my point.

Only in your head were Aberdeen the better team before they equalised.

We were pretty comfortable up till the 77th min leading 1-0, and really should've gone 2-0 up when Devlin had the chance to fire it across the 6 yard line, and it would've been game over. After that and esp in ET, Aberdeen looked the better team.

By the end of the game we had 5 defenders on (basically 4 CB's and a FB), and had swapped a midfielder for a CB, having already replaced a CB & FB, think you could see Martindale was going for not losing rather than winning in ET, as he could've stuck Kabia and Mullin on to try and win the game.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only in your head were Aberdeen the better team before they equalised.

We were pretty comfortable up till the 77th min leading 1-0, and really should've gone 2-0 up when Devlin had the chance to fire it across the 6 yard line, and it would've been game over. After that and esp in ET, Aberdeen looked the better team.

By the end of the game we had 5 defenders on (basically 4 CB's and a FB), and had swapped a midfielder for a CB, having already replaced a CB & FB, think you could see Martindale was going for not losing rather than winning in ET, as he could've stuck Kabia and Mullin on to try and win the game.

Ok.

Stephen Robinson repeating the nonsense from Anfield earlier in the day, saying Motherwell would have won 2-1 if Irvine's goal had been disallowed. What's so difficult to understand about the whole course of the game being different?

1 minute ago, Owsley said:

Stephen Robinson repeating the nonsense from Anfield earlier in the day, saying Motherwell would have won 2-1 if Irvine's goal had been disallowed. What's so difficult to understand about the whole course of the game being different?

Aye I agree. It’s such a football trope if this decision was made properly we would’ve won and the exact same things would’ve occurred etc. I’d argue their second spurred us on for the comeback. 

Somebody needs to tell the pundits about the Butterfly Effect. I still have a soft spot for Robbo though he’s a good guy. 

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Shelly Kerr is absolutely hopeless btw

Hopeless manager makes hopeless pundit.

That being said, it’s been obvious for years that the pundits employed by BBC Scotland are not given the gig due to their competence.  It’s all about who has the most overblown ego to go on telly and assertively speak in meaningless cliches for an hour.

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Yes! People who say that nonsemse don't seem to actually understand how reality works, which I always found, and still do, absolutely baffling.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Know it's not sportscene, but caught John Collins commentating on Hibs game last night On BBC radio mention the game was like a cup game ....... Where to even start with this!!

Sportsound Watch thread for this pish. 

Shelly Kerr justified Hibs second goal standing because it was a lovely move. They pretty well skimmed over  a shocking refereeing howler.

It was not a "shocking refereeing howler" by any stretch - it was a really tight decision.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It was not a "shocking refereeing howler" by any stretch - it was a really tight decision.

If your team had lost  a goal like that  you would be shocked.  It was a yard offside but what rankles is the unanswered question. Did the linesman see the Motherwell defender on the line and so gave the goal forgetting that Kelly was out of his goal. 

Anyway good luck on Monday against the soft penalty eleven.