Sportscene watch

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Maybe Richard Gordon meant access to the actual studio rather than the building when he referred to access issues due to COP 26. 

That's exactly what he meant.

BBC Scotland staff can still access the building but the studio normally used for the results programme and Sportscene is instead being used for COP.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Got to say, I prefer the usual format of the show. I do like to hear knowledgeable pundits discuss the finer points of the game... however....knowledgeable pundits in Scotland seem to be a rare breed. 

We didn't miss much though, in our midweek game against Utd they barely mentioned us, it was all focused on Utd's play. Really doubt they'd give us much acknowledgement on what a terrific defensive display that was. You look at the foul stats, they had 85% possession and committed the same amount of fouls as us, ten, and that's with Madden in charge, at Parkheid, that's some effort from our players keeping their shape and discipline in the challenges (obv a brain fart by Ayo at the end with him reacting to being pushed).

Why was Kyogo not booked for simulation? His reaction to the slap on the back of his head was a disgrace. The slap was definitely stupid and worthy of a red card, but what Kyogo does is laughable.

I’m confused as to why it was a penalty. The red card I can understand but Kyogo pushed Obileye first. Surely it should’ve been a free kick to Livingston.

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

This has probably already been asked but why can’t you get the Sportscene highlights for each individual game on the BBC Football website anymore?

I think they've changed the rights for 2020-21 onwards so that there's no need to post them in full on the BBC Sport Website because it's allowed to stay on iPlayer for 28 days.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We didn't miss much though, in our midweek game against Utd they barely mentioned us, it was all focused on Utd's play. Really doubt they'd give us much acknowledgement on what a terrific defensive display that was. You look at the foul stats, they had 85% possession and committed the same amount of fouls as us, ten, and that's with Madden in charge, at Parkheid, that's some effort from our players keeping their shape and discipline in the challenges (obv a brain fart by Ayo at the end with him reacting to being pushed).

I think there was massive issues for the BBC Scotland team getting everything sorted to do a edit, do interviews and then do a highlights show in under an hour (9:40 finish for matches, 10:35pm Sportscene Start), hence the tinpottery of last midweek.

Must say, I don't mind this as a one off, or when there's a solo Sunday game - but prefer the studio format with JS and two decent pundits (although people's opinions on that will vary wildly)

How could Foster’s “analysis” of Motherwell vs Rangers possibly ignore the fact (and I use that word deliberately given how clear it was) that Kamara’s goal should never have stood given that Sakala is obviously offside when he jumps over the ball right in front of Kelly in the Motherwell goal? 

They didn't even show a replay of Hart's assault on Obileye.  The person talking over the pictures simply said "Hart got a touch on the ball", but the pictures and still photos just don't back that comment up.

I am assuming the BBC on the Clyde is reduced to only Celtic fans and The Rangers fans talking over these highlights packages in favour of their respective clubs to avoid any internal squabbles.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Did Kane get sent off at Perth?  The ref showed a (second?) yellow, didn’t see a red, and he was involved in the next attack shown in the highlights.

Thought that too, but they were defo down to ten in the clip following. Think the editors got the highlights in the wrong order.