Sportscene watch

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If he tells the truth (like there) you'll have morons crying about him not talking the game up. 

If he lies and talks it up the same people will moan "what fucking game was he watching?" 

It's better to tell the truth. The standard was fucking murder. 

I was one of the only people on here saying the first half was good entertainment.

Sloppy football but they were sticking the boot into each other.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If he tells the truth (like there) you'll have morons crying about him not talking the game up. 

If he lies and talks it up the same people will moan "what fucking game was he watching?" 

He can say what he likes but nobody asked him about it. It's a Tweet.

He had a choice to talk up the atmosphere and the occasion, say the game was shite or say nothing.

He chose to say the game was shite,  which whilst objectively true, I think it's fair to ask why he wants to do that having done the same about the Edinburgh Derby.

If you look through his Twitter feed he had plenty so say on the Scotland performance in Denmark but I can't see anything about the Austria game 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

He can say what he likes but nobody asked him about it. It's a Tweet.

He had a choice to talk up the atmosphere and the occasion, say the game was shite or say nothing.

He chose to say the game was shite,  which whilst objectively true, I think it's fair to ask why he wants to do that having done the same about the Edinburgh Derby.

If you look through his Twitter feed he had plenty so say on the Scotland performance in Denmark but I can't see anything about the Austria game 

I might be biased as I had skin in the game, but was it really that bad? Yes, there was next to no composure in the first half in particular, but all I saw was 22 fully committed players giving their all for their teams, and I for one would far rather watch that than the soporific fare the English Premier League often dishes up. It was great entertainment despite not being great football.

28 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I might be biased as I had skin in the game, but was it really that bad? Yes, there was next to no composure in the first half in particular, but all I saw was 22 fully committed players giving their all for their teams, and I for one would far rather watch that than the soporific fare the English Premier League often dishes up. It was great entertainment despite not being great football.

I thought it was poor. We have seen blood and thunder derbies where there was still a lot of skill on show.

From a United point of view I thought we spent a lot of the game lumping aimless balls into channels in the hope of getting a throw in up the park. I'm not saying it's  terrible tactic to get that Dundee back line turned but it was a hard watch at times.

Was saying at game I'd like Opta to produce stats on ball height. I bet on average our midfielders have to control the ball a good two feet higher than Man City.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Tell that to the English with their best league in the world patter.

Sooner we get rid of this putting everything down all the time the better, or our game will never get decent money to actually improve. We get what we deserve, shite tv deals.

Without wishing to defend that witless tweet, I'd still say I definitely don't want pundits, journalists or commentators feeling an obligation to 'talk up' or promote our game.

If a match is poor, I'd rather be told that than have the intelligence insulted by someone saying otherwise.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Without wishing to defend that witless tweet, I'd still say I definitely don't want pundits, journalists or commentators feeling an obligation to 'talk up' or promote our game.

If a match is poor, I'd rather be told that than have the intelligence insulted by someone saying otherwise.

Don't have to lie, but equally don't have to be so disparaging putting the boot in either. Could dress it up a bit as blood and thunder, full of passion etc. Why be so down all the time, mocking our game to an extent no c**t takes it seriously enough to offer decent money, and aren't really interested in any derby game outside the erse cheek derby. That will never change as long as we have arseholes like him making fun of our product.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why say anything?

No tweets about Ranbers or Celtic on Sunday. The last tweet he offered an opinion on in the league was to say how shite the Edinburgh Derby was.

I still think sticking the boot in about Scotland in Copenhagen and radio silence on Scotland in Vienna speaks volumes about the man and his agenda.

I don't even mind if you don't like Scottish football but f**k off and see how far your skills as a journalist carve out a niche covering the English leagues.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nothing more annoying than the way English commentators on the EPL (in particular, though huddies like Andy Waker do it up here too) describe every slightly above bog standard save as 'world class'.

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why say anything?

No tweets about Ranbers or Celtic on Sunday. The last tweet he offered an opinion on in the league was to say how shite the Edinburgh Derby was.

I still think sticking the boot in about Scotland in Copenhagen and radio silence on Scotland in Vienna speaks volumes about the man and his agenda.

I don't even mind if you don't like Scottish football but f**k off and see how far your skills as a journalist carve out a niche covering the English leagues.

Why are you behaving as if I'm defending that witless tweet when I explicitly said I wasn't?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't want it "dressed up" either.

We're not children.

Not just about you though is it, they need to promote the game a hell of a lot better than they do to get decent deals in tv and advertising, like it or not, that's how business should be done, what business goes around saying their product is shite, and hope to sell it, they'd soon go bust.

Not just about you though is it, they need to promote the game a hell of a lot better than they do to get decent deals in tv and advertising, like it or not, that's how business should be done, what business goes around saying their product is shite, and hope to sell it, they'd soon go bust.
Gerald Ratner tried it. As you say, didn't work out too well.

Sending a tweet out is just an opinion,The auld reekie derby was a better game than the Glasga wan that's just an opinion, didn't see the Dundee derby so can't comment. 
Guys like Peter Martin say things for effect to help promote their podcast not for the benefit of Scottish football.

Edited by wastecoatwilly