Sportscene watch

1 hour ago, resk said:

"Celtic haven't yet been tested in the league".  Well, there was that match they lost..... 

Yep, they've had one test in their first three league games and they failed it.

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I like how they've now got a different commentator for every game. Was always a bit tinpot having Rob McLean commentate on two games that had kicked off at the same time.

Would have preferred Mclean to that screaming idiot on the Hearts Aberdeen game.

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I like how they've now got a different commentator for every game. Was always a bit tinpot having Rob McLean commentate on two games that had kicked off at the same time.

Yesterday they had Stuart Mitchell doing Dundee v Hibs, a game he'd already commentated on for the radio.

Less obvious tinpottery, but tinpot nonetheless. 

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, they've had one test in their first three league games and they failed it.

Both cheeks have cruised to wins at home, essentially away from home is where they'll be tested, both have failed in one game so far. They'll both be far more consistent than the best of the rest teams though, which is a shame. Even a shite Celtic was 14 pts better than 3rd placed Hibs last season.

It's fairly easy to knock Sportscene as we all either have in our heads a misty eyed view of what it used to be or compare it to MOTD. To be fair, it's pretty decent overall for what it is and what production cost goes into it. Kerr and Stewart are pretty decent pundits, although Iwolumo is by far the best all round.

Biggest criticism is Thompson. He's likeable and tries hard, but it's never natural. I get there would be a learning curve, but not sure he is much better than when he started.

Highlights are much better than last season. More in depth and I like the wee discussions at the beginning on European games etc.

Compare it to MOTD which while has better in game camera angles etc is on a green screen set which looks terrible and has the dregs of pundits like Danny Murphy. 

"What an amazing start to the season for St Johnstone" seems like a bit of a stretch considering they haven't won a match.  

"What an amazing year St Johnstone have had" would perhaps be more what Sutherland was driving at.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What the hell is going on with the Dundee derby highlights?

The volume is ridiculously low, and actually faded to zero in the goal celebrations!

I thought that too. The crowd noise was definitely tampered with for some reason.

Ricky Foster too. FFS. He seemed genuinely surprised when asked to comment United's performance! What a tube. 

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Just noticed the Sportscene tagline on the dreadfully named iPlayer: "The big games and the big names from all across Scottish football."

"...all across Scottish football."

Richard Gordon says the word "across" about 50 times each broadcast. He must be on a bonus.

I thought that too. The crowd noise was definitely tampered with for some reason.
Ricky Foster too. FFS. He seemed genuinely surprised when asked to comment United's performance! What a tube. 

I was sure the crowd noise was being doctored when I was watching it live on Sunday.