Jump to content

Sportscene watch 20/21


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It take it Paul Mitchell can't even be arsed acknowledging the players taking the knee before the match now?

I think he's one of the folk who has an issue with it. Sure it was him who was all but tweeting 'All Lives Matter' pish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I find annoying about Sportscene is they cannae  be bothered synchronising the speech at the manager interviews  - how hard can that be - even my telly allows me to advance speech to sync

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A damning indictment of Devante Cole’s early performance as Foster claims the difference last night was Cole coming on at half time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As has become the norm, Sportscene get our line up wrong.

You'd think considering you tell the shape simply by pausing the game at kick off and looking, it's a bit incredible they manage it so regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hold on, on Thursday they're actually showing an hour of old highlights of Sevco's games this season before the highlights from the 1st leg of the play-off final?

They're not even trying to hide it anymore :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would it have been too much to ask for them to edit together the highlights of the  Hamilton vs Killie & Motherwell vs Ross County matches “as they happened”, where they cut between the two matches? Would surely have worked well today with the dramatic twists and turns. In fact, they could have just shown the Killie 1st half then the Ross County 1st half then the second halves in the same order. Just an opportunity to use a bit of imagination and flair in the presentation of the product, as opposed to the “this’ll do” approach they tend to adopt for everyone except the arse cheeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Would it have been too much to ask for them to edit together the highlights of the  Hamilton vs Killie & Motherwell vs Ross County matches “as they happened”, where they cut between the two matches? Would surely have worked well today with the dramatic twists and turns. In fact, they could have just shown the Killie 1st half then the Ross County 1st half then the second halves in the same order. Just an opportunity to use a bit of imagination and flair in the presentation of the product, as opposed to the “this’ll do” approach they tend to adopt for everyone except the arse cheeks. 

They did it before for St Mirren vs Hibs and whoever Rangers were playing when it came down to Championship end of season in 2015-16.

Just screams laziness from them tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They even did it earlier this season for the final game before the split. It can sometimes seem a bit redundant but you might as well do it when there's something at stake on the last day. Not sure why they didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't watched yet, but if they showed our game first I'd say it sort of made sense this time. The situation was that Killie needed to win and then hope for Ross County to lose, so if they showed us winning and immediately went over to Fir Park then it would be a reasonable enough approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think it was the Saturday night show, Stephen Thompson introduced the Hibs-Celtic game by the saying it was 'Scott Brown's last game in green and white'.  Then the scene changed to the Celtic players doing the huddle...wearing black.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2021 at 00:14, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It take it Paul Mitchell can't even be arsed acknowledging the players taking the knee before the match now?

His Twitter feed is one of the worst places on the internet.  Religious sanctimony combined with men’s rights and contrarian takes on BLM.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

His Twitter feed is one of the worst places on the internet.  Religious sanctimony combined with men’s rights and contrarian takes on BLM.  

He's a strange one right enough.

With a horrible voice to boot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He's a strange one right enough.

With a horrible voice to boot. 

Definitely not a football commentator’s voice. I’ve always thought that from years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...