Sportscene watch

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Livi were by far the better team for the first 75 minutes of that game. If Devlin finds a better pass and they make it 2-0 then it would have basically been a perfect away performance by them. Aberdeen came into it a bit more after that.

It was never a pen plus Aberdeen's second was the best goal I've seen them scoring this season.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Livi were by far the better team for the first 75 minutes of that game. If Devlin finds a better pass and they make it 2-0 then it would have basically been a perfect away performance by them. Aberdeen came into it a bit more after that.

Your opinion. Complete nonsense IMO.

After Aberdeens first equaliser we were the better team by far for the remainder of the game including Extra Time.

The dodgy Livi penalty was a lead they could only hold on to for 2 minutes.

The whole of extra time was an exercise from Livingston in wasting time and tactical fouling . To be fair they were shattered after putting a lot of work in to the 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You mean just like the games yesterday shouldn't have had that either?

All the games yesterday had that?

I must have watched a different version of Sportscene. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

🤣

If McLennan uses his left instead of his right in the first half he probably scores.

Aberdeen deserved the win. Livi put everything in to it and deserve a lot of credit for how they played.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

If McLennan uses his left instead of his right in the first half he probably scores.

Aberdeen deserved the win. Livi put everything in to it and deserve a lot of credit for how they played.

Hayes looks like hes playing with an injury plus the balls down the sides didn't work,first half was awful.
Second half was better  McGinn could've been hooked before McLennan,also looks like he is low in confidence,Aberdeen need to go with two up top IMO.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Hayes looks like hes playing with an injury plus the balls down the sides didn't work,first half was awful.
Second half was better  McGinn could've been hooked before McLennan,also looks like he is low in confidence,Aberdeen need to go with two up top IMO.

Hayes hasn't been on it for a good while but his work rate is still excellent.

McGinn was very poor but came up with two massive moments. McLennan was awful and lucky to get 70 odd minute IMO.

EDIT: Just remembered that Hayes took a knock very early on so you maybe missed that.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

I think he’s spot on. Livi were carrying out a masterclass in being, well, livi up to the point we equalised. 

2 hours ago, The Master said:

All the games yesterday had that?

I must have watched a different version of Sportscene. 

My point was that why should it be ok for the Scottish Cup ties yesterday to have poor camera angles and blur-o-vision, but the Rangers/Celtic not to have the same. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Aye and if Devlin hit it better he'd have scored, and put it across the 6 yard box instead of cutting it back we'd prob have scored again, instead of losing it and Aberdeen breaking up the pitch and scoring. Jet almost got his hattrick as he narrowly put it past the post too, we can all do the if game.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My point was that why should it be ok for the Scottish Cup ties yesterday to have poor camera angles and blur-o-vision, but the Rangers/Celtic not to have the same. 

St Mirren v Inverness and Aberdeen v Livingston didn’t have “poor camera angles and blur-o-vision”. Why not mention them?

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I thought the Aberdeen v Livi highlights were okay and the game itself was decent enough. The commentary and analysis of it were poor.

Highlights from the Killie game were poor in terms of camera views and picture quality. Lots of long range footage and fuzzy images. 

St Mirren v ICT highlights were good.

St Johnstone v Clyde was back to long range shots and blur-o-vision. Poor.

The analysis could definitely be better.

Gave up.

Still a lot better than the Premier Sports pish, was like watching RedTV on there. Craigan just spouts cliched pish and states the obvious, changes his opinion like the weather too, every time someone scores. 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve done it for me, cheers.

No problem. 

We’ll just take it as read that those two games render worthless whatever point it was you were trying to make. 

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still a lot better than the Premier Sports pish, was like watching RedTV on there. Craigan just spouts cliched pish and states the obvious, changes his opinion like the weather too, every time someone scores. 

Aye, if you had to knock back a shot every time Craigan said 'naive',  you'd need your stomach pumped at A & E.

56 minutes ago, The Master said:

No problem. 

We’ll just take it as read that those two games render worthless whatever point it was you were trying to make. 

My point, to narrow it down, is that all Cup match highlights should be the same quality. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think he’s spot on. Livi were carrying out a masterclass in being, well, livi up to the point we equalised. 

They were nothing like "by far the better team" in my opinion. If you feel that way then fair enough.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye and if Devlin hit it better he'd have scored, and put it across the 6 yard box instead of cutting it back we'd prob have scored again, instead of losing it and Aberdeen breaking up the pitch and scoring. Jet almost got his hattrick as he narrowly put it past the post too, we can all do the if game.

Thanks for proving my point.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They were nothing like "by far the better team" in my opinion. If you feel that way then fair enough.

Thanks for proving my point.

They had a clear gameplan that was going about as well as they could have hoped. We were absolutely gash so yeah I’d say they were clearly better than us. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They had a clear gameplan that was going about as well as they could have hoped. We were absolutely gash so yeah I’d say they were clearly better than us. 

They scored a lovely goal that came from a horrendous error from one of our most experienced players. Most people commenting on the game seemed certain we were heading for a 0-0 bore fest until that point.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

They scored a lovely goal that came from a horrendous error from one of our most experienced players. Most people commenting on the game seemed certain we were heading for a 0-0 bore fest until that point.

I’m not suggesting they were cutting us open or creating loads of chances but they almost completely nullified us to the point we couldn’t get into any rhythm whatsoever and they took their moment when it arrived.

The work they do off the ball is incredible and whilst it’s a bad mistake from Jonny, that work off the ball allows them to capitalise on it. If it had petered out to a 1-0 in the end we’d have had absolutely no complaints.