Sportscene watch

I've not purposely watched Sportscene in well over a year. 
I just watch highlights either through Saints TV or the YouTube channel. I've absolutely no fucking interest in what the pundits have to say.
I understand your point but Sportscene can have its advantages like multiple camera angles and slow motion replays of incidents which you don't get elsewhere. If I'm going to watch it then I'll record it and watch with liberal use of the fast forward button.

12 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Unless I’m unaware, does where the ball comes to rest have any bearing on wether it’s a foul or not. If a midfielder standing on the half way line was to misplace a pass into the stand, and then have an opponent clean him out after the ball was away, would it not be a foul? You can’t slide in around a players legs with the ball nowhere in the vicinity and then be surprised if it ends up as a foul. 

To be fair to Rice,  that sort of situation where the attacker balloons a shot out of play then gets tackled after is usually never given as a penalty, so I can understand his frustration. I think St Mirren got an almost identical decision to that a few weeks ago, at home to Kilmarnock I think, but apart from those two incidents I don’t recall any others being given as penalties, even though in my opinion it should be. 

I remember playing Falkirk and Chris Innes head butted a Falkirk player off the ball when the keeper had saved a header, Innes got sent off and Falkirk got a penalty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8653027.stm

Edited by Torfason

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I remember playing Falkirk and Chris Innes head butted a Falkirk player when the ball was out of play, Innes got sent off and Falkirk got a penalty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8653027.stm

Nah, the ball was in play, that was the problem. The goalkeeper had caught it and was standing with the ball in his hands.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

You’re right, my memory was letting me down 🙈

I remember it well, I was sitting right in front of it and I'll never forget when the realisation dawned that the ball had never gone dead. Absolute lunacy from Innes.

Watching the game back, I really don’t think Rice has much to complain about. Their penalty claim was 2 guys going shoulder to shoulder and attacker trying to win a penalty, Moyo’s miss was because he is pish, much like some of our strikers misses in the game.........they are playing at this level for a reason. 
We should have been out of sight by half time but even for all their second half pressure, we were never in danger and the penalty to make it 3-0 was incidental to the outcome. 
It was obvious from the kick off that the back 4 wasn’t working for Hamilton and having a few players playing out of position was clearly hurting them.

I just hope Rice is getting support from within the club as his interview was a desperate man clutching at straws and he is clearly under pressure. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I remember it well, I was sitting right in front of it and I'll never forget when the realisation dawned that the ball had never gone dead. Absolute lunacy from Innes.

You never had to worry; Bobby Olejnik had your back (if it's the game I remember).

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

First fan to vault the wall is the current St. Mirren matchday announcer. He ends up at the bottom of the pile of bodies.

Mote of "bellyflop" than a vault in reality.:lol:

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You never had to worry; Bobby Olejnik had your back (if it's the game I remember).

Yeah, that was it! Some of those big relegation games in the late 00s between between Falkirk and St Mirren were brilliant.

42 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No no no, 5 seconds in. Look at the blue "Street Lighting Supplies" advert board...clearly a vault.

My mistake.

I thought you were referring to the advertising hoarding approach.

His initial vault was indeed impressive. :lol:

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's not even production values either, I think most folk would accept that it's not going to be as slick as MotD, but Sportscene is very frequently just an utterly joyless programme. It's football highlights by numbers - you can predict the exact format of the programme every week based on knowing the scores and a couple of the incidents. I usually watch it on catch-up or on the iPlayer and skip through all the analysis apart from the stuff on the Killie games. To be honest, if the YouTube SPFL highlights had commentary I probably wouldn't even bother with Sportscene, which is a shame.

I think BBC Sport Scotland needs a bit of a shake up in general in terms of all it's output - we've still got, by and large, the same folk as 10-15 years ago (or more in many cases) doing the bulk of the coverage on TV and radio, and that means it lacks a freshness and modernity. Kenny McIntyre still trying his sub-Jim Traynor shock jock nonsense on Sportsound is the nadir of that, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of it moving in a different direction.

I see someone already mentioned the difference between Sportscene/Sportsound and A View From The Terrace. A shame none of the Terrace guys have been involved in the game at a decent level that would allow them to take on a highlights package with some analysis although it might freshen things up to have them involved. I'm just glad we have our own highlights package tbh...even if it is utterly joyless and full of the same faces each week fighting over who can deliver the most monotonous analysis of games. Would be nice if they could put in some effort to other teams outwith the Glasgow twins. An example of just how little preparation and care they have was Shelley Kerr (a West Lothian no less) talking about how great Jon Guthrie was in the lead up to our winning goal v Raith. Easy to make one mistake as it was Devlin that put the ball in....she then went on to say that's what Jon Guthrie has done all season for Livi, bombing down the wing...our centre half is now a well known winger by the sounds of it. Neither of the other 2 made any attempt to correct her that it was Devlin and that to me just shows how little they care whether they don't care she was wrong or they care so little about the game that nobody actually made the effort to find out the player's name

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I see someone already mentioned the difference between Sportscene/Sportsound and A View From The Terrace. A shame none of the Terrace guys have been involved in the game at a decent level that would allow them to take on a highlights package with some analysis although it might freshen things up to have them involved. I'm just glad we have our own highlights package tbh...even if it is utterly joyless and full of the same faces each week fighting over who can deliver the most monotonous analysis of games. Would be nice if they could put in some effort to other teams outwith the Glasgow twins. An example of just how little preparation and care they have was Shelley Kerr (a West Lothian no less) talking about how great Jon Guthrie was in the lead up to our winning goal v Raith. Easy to make one mistake as it was Devlin that put the ball in....she then went on to say that's what Jon Guthrie has done all season for Livi, bombing down the wing...our centre half is now a well known winger by the sounds of it. Neither of the other 2 made any attempt to correct her that it was Devlin and that to me just shows how little they care whether they don't care she was wrong or they care so little about the game that nobody actually made the effort to find out the player's name

Yep, the Stenny commentary guys were brilliant in our Betfred cup game, really funny with their self deprecating humour at their team being humped 4-0, and the bit about being texted to ask Martindale to put a tammy on his baldy heid, as the AI guidance camera kept following it instead of the ball. Sure one of them is on a view from the terrace.