Sportscene watch

36 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Honestly think they could manage without the ‘expert punditry’ chat after each game, it rarely adds anything to the programme for me, other than stating the obvious and repeating just what we’ve also seen from the highlights moments before. They could just rely on the quick intros given at the start of each game (team news etc) by the match commentator, it would be perfectly adequate and just do away with the whole studio set-up, host and guests. It would save them a fortune, same goes for MOTD.

See I think the punditry adds something, but the problem is that most ex-pros are absolutely terrible pundits.

I'd have one ex-pro and one performance analyst or something. Someone who's actually trained to analyse matches.

Edited by G51

10 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

There's a truth in this because the lack of fans is massively suiting Rangers.   Wait till the fans come back and you'll see James Tavernier go back into his shell when the Ibrox loyal kick up.   

James Tavernier is only able to hit free kicks into the top corner from 400 yards out because there aren't any fans there calling him names

4 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Your captain has talked previously about not being able to deal with the pressures.   Certain players thrive on the big atmosphere, for others it drags their performance down.   

You probably think he's having a poor season because of all the goals and assists he's had thus far.   

Yes I certainly can't think of any good James Tavernier seasons before now, very clever post imo!!!

On 07/12/2020 at 00:49, DrewDon said:

It irks me how much Paul Mitchell sounds like he is the most constipated person in the world when a goal is scored in a game he is commentating on. 

It’s not his fault, but he just doesn’t have the voice for a commentator.

Just watching Saturday's show. It doesn't bother me personally as I already knew the results, but I do find it odd that they showed the top half of the table after the first set of highlights (Hamilton v Hibs). It potentially ruins the surprise for anyone who doesn't know the outcome of the other matches. 

I am a sad wee guy, but when I was watching Sportscene last night I was thinking that in the analysis of the Celtic v Kilmarnock match, there was no mention of Killie. Watched it back, and in 8 full minutes of discussion by Steven Thompson, Michael Stewart and Gary Caldwell, the name “Kilmarnock” wasn’t mentioned once, and to top that not one Kilmarnock player was named. That’s surely a new low.

Honestly think they could manage without the ‘expert punditry’ chat after each game, it rarely adds anything to the programme for me, other than stating the obvious and repeating just what we’ve also seen from the highlights moments before. They could just rely on the quick intros given at the start of each game (team news etc) by the match commentator, it would be perfectly adequate and just do away with the whole studio set-up, host and guests. It would save them a fortune, same goes for MOTD.
Sky are the worst for it. How many commentators/pundits do they need ffs?

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Just watching Saturday's show. It doesn't bother me personally as I already knew the results, but I do find it odd that they showed the top half of the table after the first set of highlights (Hamilton v Hibs). It potentially ruins the surprise for anyone who doesn't know the outcome of the other matches. 

Thought that as well; what was wrong with just showing the top 3? The other two in there hadn't played yet so wouldn't have had people noticing Aberdeen have gained 3 points, for example.

Personally not fussed, but I know there are some people who might actively avoid seeing results before watching highlights.

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Thought that as well, what was wrong with just showing the top 3?

Yes, especially considering the fact that the following highlights were Aberdeen v Ross County and the commentator's first words were that an Aberdeen victory would draw them level on points with Celtic - something which we already knew had happened.

On 13/12/2020 at 19:49, virginton said:

Gary Caldwell trying to blame the absence of fans for Celtic being a listless rabble is risible stuff. 

He also said the oft repeated myth that Celtic miss the crowd because “a full Celtic Park” is some place to play your football. Celtic Park is only ever full, or anything like full, at Rangers matches and Champions League group matches. In the run of the mill league matches the actual people in the ground would number no more than 35,000/40,000. Obviously this is still a huge crowd in Scottish terms, but for folk to claim that Celtic Park is full for every home match is utter fantasy.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I am a sad wee guy, but when I was watching Sportscene last night I was thinking that in the analysis of the Celtic v Kilmarnock match, there was no mention of Killie. Watched it back, and in 8 full minutes of discussion by Steven Thompson, Michael Stewart and Gary Caldwell, the name “Kilmarnock” wasn’t mentioned once, and to top that not one Kilmarnock player was named. That’s surely a new low.

It was not that much different on Celticsound tonight !

To be honest, it's one thing for braindead pundits to sit and claim no fans is hindering Celtic more than others. I'm sure if someone had too much time on their hands they could craft some sort of research to show not every club is impacted equally.

However, Neil Lennon himself has come out and used this excuse on more than one occasion after overseeing yet another embarrassing defensive shambles. It is quite frankly laughable.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be honest, it's one thing for braindead pundits to sit and claim no fans is hindering Celtic more than others. I'm sure if someone had too much time on their hands they could craft some sort of research to show not every club is impacted equally.

However, Neil Lennon himself has come out and used this excuse on more than one occasion after overseeing yet another embarrassing defensive shambles. It is quite frankly laughable.

Any football club that goes down the "more than a club" route make me sick to my stomach.

The likes of Celtic and Liverpool are the worst for it.

It is meaningless drivel but seems to be lapped up by gloryhunting morons who like to think that following a certain football team makes them special.

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Any football club that goes down the "more than a club" route make me sick to my stomach.

The likes of Celtic and Liverpool are the worst for it.

It is meaningless drivel but seems to be lapped up by gloryhunting morons who like to think that following a certain football team makes them special.

Not least because any truth in the sentiment has long since been diluted by marketing execs squeezing every penny out of the gullible that they can.

'That's right, if you buy your replica top, Celtic scarf, Celtic key ring and green and white striped candle for your next vigil, the ghost of Tommy Burns will watch over you. You will never walk alone.'