Sportscene watch

40 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
43 minutes ago, Szamo said:
I'm not particularly interested in extended highlights of matches other than those involving United (I even skip most of those) but I don't see why they couldn't have at least goal highlights from the lower leagues on Sportscene.

I seem to recall they showed highlights of the final day of the 2018-19 season when Falkirk were hilariously relegated to the third tier and it was a nice addition to the programme.

They showed plenty of interest in the lower leagues around 2012-2016

That is true, now you mention it.

Maybe the BBC had budget cuts in 2016 or something.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Imagine wasting half the programme on as drab a 2-0 match as you'll see when you've got the new Douglas park Death of Defending Goal Frenzy waiting to roll.

Only in this fucked up country.

The BBC is simply offering highlights of what the fans of the wee clubs are really interested in - Rangers and Celtic.  You can see that, even on a diddy-dominated message board, what you're all talking about is the Old Firm match.  Look at the match thread numbers:

Them vs Us:  575 posts
DUFC vs A'deen: 278 posts
Hamilton vs St J: 128 posts

The fans of the wee clubs in this fucked up country are so interested in the Death of Defending Goal Frenzy that a. They barely post about it - didn't even link to 6 minutes of highlights on the SPFL's Youtube channel and b. They start a new thread about how they expect or would like to see the league title decided between us and Celtic.  And this is in an environment where at least 80% of the Premiership posters are non-Cheeks.

So yes, there is an imbalance in what is broadcast by the BBC but it seems to be an imbalance that is actually endorsed by you diddies if P&B is anything to go by.

So here're the highlights from Hamilton - which fewer than 1,500 people could be arsed watching:

Edited by The_Kincardine

36 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The BBC is simply offering highlights of what the fans of the wee clubs are really interested in - Rangers and Celtic.  You can see that, even on a diddy-dominated message board, what you're all talking about is the Old Firm match.  Look at the match thread numbers:

The fans of the wee clubs in this fucked up country are so interested in the Death of Defending Goal Frenzy that a. They barely post about it - didn't even link to 6 minutes of highlights on the SPFL's Youtube channel and b. They start a new thread about how they expect or would like to see the league title decided between us and Celtic.  And this is in an environment where at least 80% of the Premiership posters ate non-Cheeks.

So yes, there is an imbalance in what is broadcast by the BBC but it seems to be an imbalance that is actually endorsed by you diddies if P&B is anything to go by.

So here're the highlights from Hamilton - which fewer than 1,500 people could be arsed watching:

Yeah, there is a lot of truth in that - the public gets what the public wants. There is more interest in Rangers & Celtic than there is in the other teams, so they get more coverage on telly, radio and in print.  

However, there’s also truth in the converse of that. They get more coverage on telly, radio and in print so there is more interest in Rangers & Celtic than there is in the other teams. The public wants what the public gets. 

it would just be nice if the BBC for example paid a bit more attention to the other teams or to entertaining games in which they happen to have taken part, and made more of an effort to promote the entire league instead of blindly buying into the “only game in town” narrative.  I don’t necessarily expect that in an old firm week, but maybe in a week when Rangers grind out a dull 2-1 against a mid table team and Celtic routinely dismiss a relegation struggler it might be nice if the coverage was a little more equitable instead of the usual 20 minutes for each of them and 2 minutes for everyone else. 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The fans of the wee clubs in this fucked up country are so interested in the Death of Defending Goal Frenzy that a. They barely post about it - didn't even link to 6 minutes of highlights on the SPFL's Youtube channel and b. They start a new thread about how they expect or would like to see the league title decided between us and Celtic.  And this is in an environment where at least 80% of the Premiership posters are non-Cheeks.

It was a joke.  I was actually happy we were on second.

I didn't really expect them to show Accies v Saints ahead of The OF match in a million years, but thanks for the explanation anyway.

22 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Look we get it. Everyone took a knee before the game. Do we have to be shown the evidence at the start of every single football match for eternity?

One of the commentators - Paul Mitchell maybe? - is on the verge of tears every time he has to mention it.  To that end alone, I hope they never stop. 

On 18/10/2020 at 00:20, PauloPerth said:

Look we get it. Everyone took a knee before the game. Do we have to be shown the evidence at the start of every single football match for eternity?

Yes. 

As long as people are getting wound up by it then it still needs to be done. 

Poor highlights for the Ross County Hibs game. Started straight away with Magennis's shot but missed what led to that with Boyle being clean through and good tackle/penalty debate missed. Also missed a couple of Nisbet's chances and Doidge's late header. There must have been a more important game on that day?

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

One of the commentators - Paul Mitchell maybe? - is on the verge of tears every time he has to mention it.  To that end alone, I hope they never stop. 

Tbf I think it ends at the end of this month.

17 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

With over 1,000 posts in the Hearts v Dundee thread it's a wonder Sportscene weren't trying to show highlights of that match.

2 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Poor highlights for the Ross County Hibs game. Started straight away with Magennis's shot but missed what led to that with Boyle being clean through and good tackle/penalty debate missed. Also missed a couple of Nisbet's chances and Doidge's late header. There must have been a more important game on that day?

Isn't/wasn't this the norm for Sportscene?

They often show the highlights then during the blethery bits they show some interesting stuff that wasn't on the highlights.

I've not watched it for a while but that certainly happened in the past.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

With over 1,000 posts in the Hearts v Dundee thread it's a wonder Sportscene weren't trying to show highlights of that match.

1,000 posts in that thead, sure, but it is OLD.  I'm sure when it was originally created Davie Weir and Gary Locke were in Hearts' line up.

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

On killies penalty Michael Stewart laughed as he said "it's definitely not a penalty"...no mention that power cheated and should be punished for it.

Power clearly slipped on your dangerous surface. Ban plastic pitches and this wont happen...