Sportscene watch

Halliday would have gained a lot more respect if he told them to f**k off he was concentrating on the final.

And for a stickie playing for the hertz I like the guy.  He isn't daft and knows his football. 

The fact that Halliday plays for the team Rangers we’re playing won’t have even entered the Sportscene producers heads. They would simply see ‘ex-Ranger, so he’s good for a pro-Rangers sound bite’.

Steven Thompson as one of the 3 pundits would have been fine, but having him as the main presenter? Not for me. 

He speaks like someone that’s presiding over a funeral service, asking pre-planned, monotone questions to the pundits without even attempting to engage in a response that comes across as anything approaching natural. There was a point before the game yesterday where Levein had finished speaking, which was followed by a 3 or 4 second silence, before the camera pans to Thompson staring straight down the lens as he tries to introduce the next VT with all the charisma of a North Korean newsreader. Pinnochio would do a better job of acting less wooden than him. 

This might sound daft, but I caught the end of the Sportscene highlights programme last night. Gio V B did an interview with the BBC mic right in front of him.

Is this a thawing of relations between Rangers and the BBC? Or is it a contractual thing re the Scottish Cup?

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This might sound daft, but I caught the end of the Sportscene highlights programme last night. Gio V B did an interview with the BBC mic right in front of him.

Is this a thawing of relations between Rangers and the BBC? Or is it a contractual thing re the Scottish Cup?

I Think 5 live were covering the game. Pretty sure it’s BBC Scotland in particular there’s an “issue” with 

55 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

I Think 5 live were covering the game. Pretty sure it’s BBC Scotland in particular there’s an “issue” with 

Sorry, should have said - was a BBC Sport Scotland mic

image.png.5d699d5dc4b9b1bfda60865fcaa6cca0.png

Since it was a clip from the post-match press conference and not a separate interview just for the BBC, I’d imagine it’s merely contractual. If relations between both Rangers & BBC Scotland had changed that much, the BBC would’ve had a pre-match interview with GvB and some players surely - like Premier Sports did. 

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Sorry, should have said - was a BBC Sport Scotland mic

image.png.5d699d5dc4b9b1bfda60865fcaa6cca0.png

I may be wrong, but I’ve got a feeling that it’s only Ibrox they don’t do Rangers coverage at. 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

I may be wrong, but I’ve got a feeling that it’s only Ibrox they don’t do Rangers coverage at. 

There's normally no interviews with Rangers staff broadcast on BBC Scotland TV or radio at any game.

This is petty but I’m seething that Sky Sports put highlights up for the first play-off leg and haven’t done the same for the second leg. Instead we are treated to the SPFL accounts highlights which have no commentary and the crowd noise is weirdly dubbed. Where is the consistency? It simply isn’t good enough.

ETA: it’s on Sky Sports website but still…

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This is petty but I’m seething that Sky Sports put highlights up for the first play-off leg and haven’t done the same for the second leg. Instead we are treated to the SPFL accounts highlights which have no commentary and the crowd noise is weirdly dubbed. Where is the consistency? It simply isn’t good enough.

ETA: it’s on Sky Sports website but still…

The official SPFL channel is hilarious with their dubbing, but they reached their peak a few years ago when Rangers scored a consolation against Dundee and they dubbed on the celebrations from one of the Dundee goals.

11 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

I'm sorry but Al Lamont really shouldn't be commentator, fine on like the final game on Sportscene, but there's better comms at BBC Scotland for the live games and "feature" highlights.

Disagree. I think he's a decent commentator on TV, and best of the lot on radio from Radio Scotland's current regulars. On the radio he actually describes the action as it's happening, rather than merely interrupting an analysis of the game or even some  wider issue (like just how remarkable a job Ange has done or some statistics) when there's some action in the penalty box.

Did I dream of a has-been Hearts 'celebrity' who wasn't going to the match being followed at home throughout the match for her reactions. She thought that Hearts gave a good account of themselves. She did get 5-1 into the conversation so no doubt she was delighted. Horrific content.

On 23/05/2022 at 23:16, Ray Patterson said:

I'm sorry but Al Lamont really shouldn't be commentator, fine on like the final game on Sportscene, but there's better comms at BBC Scotland for the live games and "feature" highlights.

Who's on this list of fantastic commentators?

• DA Baracus changed the title to Sportscene watch
  • 2 months later...