Sportscene watch

26 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Rangers TV McCann says pen so we can all go home. 

Its a stonewaller?

Surely no Hibs fan is claiming it wasn't a penalty?

On 01/12/2021 at 23:35, RandomGuy. said:

Its a stonewaller?

Surely no Hibs fan is claiming it wasn't a penalty?

I don’t think it’s clear cut at all. I think it’s one of these cases where the attacker flicks his leg or foot out a wee bit to bring about the contact. I reckon thats why Porteous and the other nearby Hibs players are pretty much unanimous in immediately protesting vehemently to Beaton about the decision.  I think also that Sky were fuckin lazy in showing replays from only a couple of angles , when no doubt they could’ve shown several other angles. 

That said , however .....Porteous is a fuckin p***k and it’s been a long time coming for Hibs to be shafted by the refs.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

I don’t think it’s clear cut at all. I think it’s one of these cases where the attacker flicks his leg or foot out a wee bit to bring about the contact. I reckon thats why Porteous and the other nearby Hibs players are pretty much unanimous in immediately protesting vehemently to Beaton about the decision.  I think also that Sky were fuckin lazy in showing replays from only a couple of angles , when no doubt they could’ve shown several other angles. 

That said , however .....Porteous is a fuckin p***k and it’s been a long time coming for Hibs to be shafted by the refs.

It's a stonewaller and it's only because of TV angles that there's any debate. One makes it look like a dive.

Quite why Porteous felt the need to go blundering in to the tackle is beyond me, his team mate had stopped Kent going down the outside so all Porteous has to do was stand his ground. He made the exact same mistake against us, where he got far too square and was easily getting beaten.

20 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

The defending for all three Rangers goals is embarrassing.

It looks like both linesmen forgot their flags at Pittodrie. A lot of questionable decisions for both teams.

I thought the second was offside at the time but definitely onside based on the highlights.

A couple of the St Mirren ones looked very close but it's hard to tell from the one angle we get.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought the second was offside at the time but definitely onside based on the highlights.

A couple of the St Mirren ones looked very close but it's hard to tell from the one angle we get.

Don't know if the second is definitely onside but like the other ones really hard to tell with the camera angle.

That is why any implementation of VAR is going to be a farce without more cameras.

49 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Don't know if the second is definitely onside but like the other ones really hard to tell with the camera angle.

That is why any implementation of VAR is going to be a farce without more cameras.

The picture is frozen on Sportscene at the moment when Emmanuel-Thomas hits his “shot” and Ramirez is a foot onside.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Incredible editing of the Aberdeen v St Mirren match. Nothing seen of the fantastic double save by Alnwick from Hedges, and no sign of either of the two St Mirren penalty claims.

If they showed them they’d have to talk about them and that’s a lot of effort. 

‘Only once this season has Hibs beaten a team above them in the league, and that was Motherwell’

It was the first game of the season, at best Hibs we’re ahead alphabetically, in what way does this make sense?