Sportscene watch

On 06/11/2021 at 21:01, ropy said:

Did Kane get sent off at Perth?  The ref showed a (second?) yellow, didn’t see a red, and he was involved in the next attack shown in the highlights.

That really confused me as well, not difficult though. No idea why they didn’t show the red card being produced as it’s an integral part of the game, and to have Kane on the pitch in the very next clip was a tad unreal.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That really confused me as well, not difficult though. No idea why they didn’t show the red card being produced as it’s an integral part of the game, and to have Kane on the pitch in the very next clip was a tad unreal.

It would have been comfortably the most exciting moment they could possibly show from that shambles yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those 'Rangurs' fans, what are they like, great editing on Sportscene showing Sevco fans 'having some fun with the Livingston goalkeeper' pelting him with snowballs, stopping the match from being started for the 2nd half, for 10 mins as the snowballs had to be cleared off the pitch, wee scamps. No mention of the flares setting off the fire alarms, again either, apparently they aren't allowed into grounds, although there wasn't any no hand of Ulster Sevco fan experience this time at least.

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Jane Lewis is fucking awful. 

I'm not sure I've ever heard her put a sentence together without saying "er" at least once.

And her questions are basically "X team really needed that win, didn't they?" Utter shite.

Just now, Darren said:

I'm not sure I've ever heard her put a sentence together without saying "er" at least once.

And her questions are basically "X team really needed that win, didn't they?" Utter shite.

There was an example last night:

'That was a good win for...er... Hearts yesterday.  She's horrendous.

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Jane Lewis is fucking awful. 

I fail to understand how someone can work a job for more than a decade and still be absolutely shite at the basics.

Someone who can hardly string a sentence together and has no discernible personality isnt fit to be in front of a camera, let alone a regular TV presenter on national telly.

You can kind of forgive Crichton, McFadden, Iwelumo et al. for being a bit shit because theyve not been doing punditry all that long and its their secondary career after football. Its literally Lewis' chosen profession and shes absolutely guff at it.

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I fail to understand how someone can work a job for more than a decade and still be absolutely shite at the basics.

Someone who can hardly string a sentence together and has no discernible personality isnt fit to be in front of a camera, let alone a regular TV presenter on national telly.

You can kind of forgive Crichton, McFadden, Iwelumo et al. for being a bit shit because theyve not been doing punditry all that long and its their secondary career after football. Its literally Lewis' chosen profession and shes absolutely guff at it.

Personally, I reckon its because it looks good for their diversity quotas to have the token woman on.

but then Heather Dewar who  at least used to do sportsound open all mics at ours was much better. I've not listened in a while since I started doing the commentary for us.