Sportscene watch

I'll add my 'like' to the no studio version. If they can't bring in decent pundits then I'd prefer extended highlights instead of utter rancid pish like Steven Thompson, Richard Forster, Jonathan Sutherland, James McFadden & Shelley Kerr.

16 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They said earlier that the highlights programme will be reduced with no analysis and I think they said it's coming from their Aberdeen studio because of access issues to the BBC 's Glasgow studio due to COP 26. I assume this will be behind there being no results programme.

I know the Clydeside Expressway is closed across the river but it's bonkers it's stopping the BBC putting on programmes. I assume it's affecting STV also.

Still an absolute disgrace that the BBC doesn't have a proper studio in the country's capital city and home of its government.

14 hours ago, resk said:

Can I just shock you?  I like the "no studio" version of Sportscene.  

Don’t think that comes as much of a shock for many of us tbh, reckon most viewers would be happy to ditch the prolixity of the ‘sofa exchanges’ every week! Perhaps MOTD might follow suit!🤔

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see Andrew Marr is on from Glasgow this morning. Maybe Richard Gordon meant access to the actual studio rather than the building when he referred to access issues due to COP 26. Have the BBC come in from London and taken over?

Pretty sure that whole area is now under UN control 

Reality is it’s always been BBC London studio. 

edit: Turns out it isn’t 

I would imagine BBC Scotland has been papped out the office though

EE37A54C-6EE2-4F3C-B1A2-9A66871A9AEB.jpeg

Edited by Clown Job

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see Andrew Marr is on from Glasgow this morning. Maybe Richard Gordon meant access to the actual studio rather than the building when he referred to access issues due to COP 26. Have the BBC come in from London and taken over?

No, Marr was in an upstairs studio with windows perpendicular to the Clyde. 

Sportscene is normally on the ground floor, parallel to the Clyde.