Sportscene watch

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Why is a BBC-employed commentator liking tweets like these?

Paul Mitchell is freelance, which allows him to have significantly more freedom on social media (although this is pushing things somewhat).

In fact, BBC Sport Scotland has very few permanent employees amongst the on-air, er, "talent". Even Richard Gordon is freelance, AFAIK.

38 minutes ago, The Master said:

Paul Mitchell is freelance, which allows him to have significantly more freedom on social media (although this is pushing things somewhat).

If he's freelance it should be an easy excuse for the BBC not to use him.  I don't think it's appropriate for the BBC to use anyone who liked something  comparing the actions of the First Minister to Goebbels. 

Going from his tweets and likes, there's stuff from defending the Capitol insurrectionists to 'joke' articles claiming that people on furlough are lazy to anti-mask stuff.  I followed him ages ago but unfollowed him after getting the impression he was a bit weird.  Since Trump's defeat/Covid/BLM though he seems to have gone completely down the rabbit hole.

Edited by Highland Capital

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Inconsistent ref booking us for every other foul while letting Aberdeen away with the same things would be my guess. 

Gave you a goal that should've been ruled out though. 

Michael Stewart and Naismith are good pundits, but having a go at Joe Lewis for the first could have been accompanied by the conversation about Livingston's player (not the scorer) being well offside and standing right in front of him.

image.png.df135a2590c99bbbf8fbfe8e4511064b.png

On 23/05/2021 at 02:20, Highland Capital said:

If he's freelance it should be an easy excuse for the BBC not to use him.  I don't think it's appropriate for the BBC to use anyone who liked something  comparing the actions of the First Minister to Goebbels. 

Going from his tweets and likes, there's stuff from defending the Capitol insurrectionists to 'joke' articles claiming that people on furlough are lazy to anti-mask stuff.  I followed him ages ago but unfollowed him after getting the impression he was a bit weird.  Since Trump's defeat/Covid/BLM though he seems to have gone completely down the rabbit hole.

Paul Mitchell came to my attention due to his determined avoidance of using the word "racism" in conjunction with the taking of the knee.

There is a case for the BBC ignoring his novel views in the context of sports commentary but they also have him on their shows delivering spiritual and moral homilies. 

I'm not at all sure his actions are defendable and for the BBC, they certainly aren't sustainable.

It’s a mystery how Neil McCann has been unable to succeed as a manager. Guy can hardly string a sentence together. 

I rarely watch Sportscene but any time I do I’m always left wondering just how little money goes into the production of it. It’s like the weekends games come as a shock to them and they only remember at 4 o clock on a Sunday. They then frantically run around Pacific Quay throwing together the highlights and graphics and manage to get it out just in time. ‘Did St Mirren have 80 percent possession today? That doesn’t seem right. And the Dundee Hibs game had 4 goals but neither team had a shot on target?’ ‘f**k it it will need to do no one will notice’.