Sportscene watch

It's a genuinely terrible show. It's so lazy and boring. There is no passion about things, no excitement and no character. Everything about it feels like they couldn't give a shit. It's all the absolute minimum of effort. The only time they put in any sort of effort and care is when the bigots play.

No Celtic or Rangers match on tonight and hey presto, they get their running order spot on. Shite last five minutes discussing these two though. Chris Iwelumo “tomorrow’s match is massive. I’m getting butterflies already.” I mean really? The only game of the weekend six matches which means absolutely nothing to the league.

Edited by kingjoey

The highlights of the Livingston v Aberdeen match, and the discussions afterwards were strange. Not a single mention of the two stick on red cards in the first half. Sibbald fouls McLennan and McLennan retaliates by kicking Sibbald’s shins, and both get yellows. McLennan’s should have been a red. Then a few minutes later McGinn is going through and Sibbald wipes him out, and that is an automatic yellow card in anyone’s eyes, meaning a second yellow for Sibbald. Apart from a foul no other action taken.

Motherwell v Kilmarnock...Faddy, quite rightly, praising the touch that led to the second goal. 

A replay to back up his comment would have been nice, but no.

Edited by Loonytoons
too late in the evening

In the analysis of the Hibs Saints game, they showed Hibs chances, including a close (but clear) offside, where Martin Boyle ran through and had the ball in the net. 

So why the f**k was that not in the highlights??

Also, team lines running along the bottom as the highlights is shite, but unless I'm mistaken Hibs did actually play eleven players, not just the four players listed. 

Also, team lines running along the bottom as the highlights is shite, but unless I'm mistaken Hibs did actually play eleven players, not just the four players listed. 

I caught that too, it also weirdly started with a close-up of Newell just as his name was running along the bottom. I think the show is live so I'm assuming they accidentally ran the VT a few seconds early. Either that or they decided to cut a few seconds off the start of the video to fit the running time and forgot to fix the teamlines. Whichever it was, it was an absolute howler.

It was a really bad night for them in general. The commentator for our game said "Garys Dicker and McKenzie return to the Killie team.". Gary MacKenzie is a former St Mirren centre-back and our player with nearly 250 top flight appearances is called Rory.

They also had the commentator for the Ross County game telling us at the end that the result had moved them up to 10th, thus giving away the result of the Killie game.

On 28/04/2021 at 15:26, TheScarf said:

How the f**k can a goal be a good finish when its taken a deflection?

Could be an instinctive striker getting a shot off quicker than most other players would be capable of.  Might be deflected on the way in , but even the keeper might have saved it , if there wasn't a deflection it could still be said to be a good finish/good striker's goal.  Just not as aesthetically pleasing as an undeflected finish.

I like both Chris Iwelumo and Richard Foster as summarisers, but Jeezuz they really need to vary their vocabulary. Are they having a competition to see which one can mention the word 'quality' in their contributions?

Quality and Options were the two most quoted by Chris during today's semi-final. Buggered if I could find either player in the line-ups though.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Scooter Allan both looks and sounds like a composite of everyone who's ever been on Sportscene as a pundit in the past ten years. 

John Hughes calling it the SPL twice just to wind up @DA Baracus

I'm watching and I'm certain he looked directly down the camera at me in a challenging manner.