Sportscene watch

32 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, the Stenny commentary guys were brilliant in our Betfred cup game, really funny with their self deprecating humour at their team being humped 4-0, and the bit about being texted to ask Martindale to put a tammy on his baldy heid, as the AI guidance camera kept following it instead of the ball. Sure one of them is on a view from the terrace.

Yeah Craig Telfer was a guest co-commentator that night and made it a really entertaining listen. Also proved that he'd did his homework on the opposition with some of his comments about us.

I find Sutherland to be an increasingly tedious host. His delivery is dreary and he always looks slightly confused at what he's saying to the camera. He is the epitome of previous comments about the programme being joyless, given he barely cracks a smile or even tries to liven it up a bit. (As much as some people loathe Lineker he can at least hold his own and has banter with the guests).

Last night's Scottish Cup show was dire. It should've been a real celebration of a great day's action but the order and time dedicated to certain matches was all over the place and it just lacked soul. As others have pointed out, the difference between that and AVFTT is night and day.

Watching the highlights of the Celtic game, in the build up to the 3rd goal it the sub graphic comes up to show you that Elyounossi (who scores) has replaced Forrest, but fails to mention any of the other subs including Soro replacing Brown, the graphic comes up just as the ball is played to Soro who very clearly isn't Scott Brown. It's a tiny thing but shows how lazy the production is that the only sub mentioned is the one involving a goal scorer.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder what 'credentials' in particular Alan Hutton has to be a Sportscene pundit...

The same ones that have the pundits pleading for Nathan Patterson to escape punishment for his COVID infringement to enable his selection for Scotland at the Euros after a handful of senior appearances I’d imagine. 

If Sportscene wanted to make the analysis interesting, it should employ... football analysts! Not former players!

It's a revolutionary idea that I'm surprised no production has tried yet. It just seems so obvious.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

If Sportscene wanted to make the analysis interesting, it should employ... football analysts! Not former players!

It's a revolutionary idea that I'm surprised no production has tried yet. It just seems so obvious.

This act is beyond stale.

No one is buying it.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder what 'credentials' in particular Alan Hutton has to be a Sportscene pundit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53308309

At the start of the season they outlined three main types of people that would be involved in the shows "pundits from the women's game, current Scottish Premiership players as well as current and former Scotland internationals". Clearly Hutton is one of the latter, just like McFadden, Maloney and Iwelumo who have all appeared this season.

Tbh I actually quite like Jonathan Sutherland as a presenter, think he's pretty solid. Might not be Gary Lineker but he's probably the best that BBC Scotland has arguably only Rob McLean (who is freelance anyway) is better. Also this year's cup highlights were missing his usual shite acting - really corny but almost came a bit of tradition with the 4th Round Highlights.
Would like to see the odd analyst on the Sunday night show - possibly a journo/ who could provide an interesting take on things. However, knowing the BBC they'd go for some old newspaper journo like Spiers or someone.

The same as various other former players who get the gig. Tbf to Hutton, I've heard him on 5Live quite a few times and he's been fairly good.

On 03/04/2021 at 22:36, DA Baracus said:

Would loved to have seen Queen live. Had I a time machine I would do just that.

For me it was only twice at the Caird Hall Dundee, once at the Playhouse Edinburgh and once at the Apollo in Glasgow.

Thommo's had a shave! Beginning to wonder if I imagined us beating Ayr at the weekend. Sportscene didn't mention it again in their intro tonight.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

"James McFadden on co-commentary duty tonight, so who better to ask about Connor Shields?"

"Well I've only seen him once."

Dreadful stuff.

I laughed at that. They were Also saying Boyle has been superb this season but he’s been pretty patchy at times  by his standards imo. 

Edited by gannonball

• 2 weeks later...