Sportscene watch

I know it's the same story every year but the highlights of the Ayr v Clyde game managed to miss two or three good chances, not that there were many. Barry Cuddihy has also scored more than 2 goals this season.

Then they don't even mention what was the only real shock of the weekend in their wee analysis bit, instead proceeding to patronise every single lower league player. 

Edited by David W

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's the centenary of their Scottish Cup win, so probably. 

That wasn't a penalty IMO for Saint Mirren as the ball was essentially dead by flying out of play but the game was already finished as a contest.

Nah.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We played in a preseason friendly and they had Pixelot. It was a much better angle but shite for keeping up with play.

Did BBC have their own cameras at the games?

The live stream was still using the Pixellot camera, but I think it has a manual operator now (or at least someone who could manually override it if anything went wrong).

Scottish Cup or Premiership; regardless of what one they cover, Sportscene is an absolutely awful program. The Premiership coverage is especially bad. The coverage is worse than amateur. The discussion is more shallow than a puddle's puddle.

Worst of all is that Sportscene is usually boring. It's shite to watch. I stopped watching it months ago.

One wonders what qualifications/experience is required to be the Sportscene editor.

We score 2 goals with superb finishes but the post match analysis doesn't show them, instead the discussion is of a penalty incident when the game is done and dusted.

Definite penalty, the keeper clatters Obika and the ball was still in play.

I was hoping we would have our own coverage of Scotland's games at the Euros rather than English BBC but having seen Sportscene's last few efforts. Maybe not

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

One wonders what qualifications/experience is required to be the Sportscene editor.

We score 2 goals with superb finishes but the post match analysis doesn't show them, instead the discussion is of a penalty incident when the game is done and dusted.

Probably a penalty before the keeper takes Obika out. The Hamilton defender was holding Obika in the box.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Scottish Cup or Premiership; regardless of what one they cover, Sportscene is an absolutely awful program. The Premiership coverage is especially bad. The coverage is worse than amateur. The discussion is more shallow than a puddle's puddle.

Worst of all is that Sportscene is usually boring. It's shite to watch. I stopped watching it months ago.

The Scottish Cup show is still great fun in spite of the studio punditry but yep, I can't remember the last time I watched a regular show. Unless you're specifically looking out for your team's highlights it simply does not sell Scottish football, the debate is just chronic and focused on the bigots. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was Obika being impeded in an attempt to collect said ball 'in play'? Nope. He shanked a cross/shot that was sailing out of play and had no further contribution to make.

Not a penalty for me then but it was completely irrelevant to the outcome of the match. From Rice's meltdown I assumed it had been the opening goal instead.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think the presenter and pundits have editorial input, having been given a time constraint (i.e. "you'll have x minutes to analyse Hamilton v St Mirren - what do you want to cover").

Not that that defends the show; if anything, it's worse because the supposed experts don't really know where the "angle" is for a given game...

2 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

I was hoping we would have our own coverage of Scotland's games at the Euros rather than English BBC but having seen Sportscene's last few efforts. Maybe not

It's an interesting point, because at Euro 2016 BBC Wales and BBC Northern Ireland were explicitly banned from providing their own coverage. The "network" coverage was instead given a "Welsh/Northern Irish flavour". 

No matter how shite the Sportscene coverage might potentially be, I want BBC Scotland to do their own thing out of a point of principle. They could have Sarah O presenting with punditry from Allan Preston and Billy Dodds, and commentary by Archie Macpherson and Steven Pressley for all I care. Just so long as it's different from BBC Englandshire. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Scottish Cup show is still great fun in spite of the studio punditry but yep, I can't remember the last time I watched a regular show. Unless you're specifically looking out for your team's highlights it simply does not sell Scottish football, the debate is just chronic and focused on the bigots. 

You might have a bit of a wait till you're watching your own teams highlights in the Premiership.