Sportscene watch

9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Said on Sportscene there that St Mirren haven’t finished in the top half of the top division since 1985. I’ve not checked but presumably this is the usual inaccurate stuff you expect from this programme.

It won’t be far off

Said on Sportscene there that St Mirren haven’t finished in the top half of the top division since 1985. I’ve not checked but presumably this is the usual inaccurate stuff you expect from this programme.

This is true. They finished 5th out of 10 in that season and have never been in the top half since (and might still not this season).

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

This is true. They finished 5th out of 10 in that season and have never been in the top half since (and might still not this season).

I'm all for calling out Sportscene/Sportsound when they actually f**k up, but it's stuff like this that totally undermines that genuine criticism. 

It's the same energy as "old man yells at cloud". 

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I'm all for calling out Sportscene/Sportsound when they actually f**k up, but it's stuff like this that totally undermines that genuine criticism. 

It's the same energy as "old man yells at cloud". 

There's also the chance it was just a St Johnstone fan trolling a fanbase that have spent all season gloating on our thread about how much better they are than us.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's also the chance it was just a St Johnstone fan trolling a fanbase that have spent all season gloating on our thread about how much better they are than us.

It's a pretty shite troll then because the focus of the post is Sportscene rather than St Mirren themselves.

49 minutes ago, The Master said:

It's a pretty shite troll then because the focus of the post is Sportscene rather than St Mirren themselves.

Well no, it's just you being a bit joyless I suspect.

Much like if they mentioned Dundee not winning a Scottish Cup for 100+ years on Scottish Cup weekend, you get folk coming on asking if that's genuine, just to goad Dundee fans into getting all upset.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Much like if they mentioned Dundee not winning a Scottish Cup for 100+ years on Scottish Cup weekend, you get folk coming on asking if that's genuine, just to goad Dundee fans into getting all upset.

He isn’t being a bit joyless though is he, because it wasn’t a troll. You are just talking shite. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No way! That can’t be right is it? 

Those of a certain generation will remember Alistair Alexander commentating for Sportscene and Sportsound.

He sadly passed away earlier today. 

I mostly remember him for his radio work towards the end of his career, alternating with David Begg on the big games, but I think most people slightly older than me will remember his distinctive voice and turns of phrase on Sportscene. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Scott Allan looks like he's had a jiynt before this shift. 

He seems to have aged like a banana since he's left Celtic. Shame for the guy and scottish football in general as Im struggling to think of a better shroo baller in the league.

Kerr and Fuddy's take on the Hibs penalty is just breathtakingly bizarre.

Stonewall penalty; Boyle gets his foot behind the ball, gets there first and then gets wiped out. 

Kerr's comment..."there's no contact"

Kerr's following comment " he puts his leg over his knee"  yes he does, that's contact.

Kerr's further comment "he got there first but it's not a penalty"

Faddy's input "he got his body in front...it's not a penalty"

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Kerr and Fuddy's take on the Hibs penalty is just breathtakingly bizarre.

Stonewall penalty; Boyle gets his foot behind the ball, gets there first and then gets wiped out. 

Kerr's comment..."there's no contact"

Kerr's following comment " he puts his leg over his knee"  yes he does, that's contact.

Kerr's further comment "he got there first but it's not a penalty"

Faddy's input "he got his body in front...it's not a penalty"

Boyle gets booted up and down the pitch most weeks, the refs do nothing and the pundits say nothing.

Couple of softish pens for us and suddenly it's newsworthy.

I don't suppose they had an opinion on the entire County bench and half the team attempting to get him red carded for that tackle on the touchline?

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Boyle gets booted up and down the pitch most weeks, the refs do nothing and the pundits say nothing.

Couple of softish pens for us and suddenly it's newsworthy.

I don't suppose they had an opinion on the entire County bench and half the team attempting to get him red carded for that tackle on the touchline?

Pushing for a second yellow for the second penalty claim.  They were correct on that one; complete dive.  Touchline tackle didn't merit another review by the panel.

Kerr banging on about Boyle's pace and relating it to both incidents, neither had anything to do with his pace, both were at pedestrian speed.

Also, really fit ref's could be fitter, apparently.

Edited by Loonytoons