Sportscene watch

8 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'm starting a petition to have Stuart Kettlewell's widow's peak debated in parliament. I can't take any more of it.

812028607_kettleswell(3).jpg.2816c0ce21af4e4d099e60c03d05aa0b.jpg

He seems like an absolute fanny.

I'd put money on him showering with the players after the match.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems like an absolute fanny.

I'd put money on him showering with the players after the match.

Not only that, he seems intent on signing the Caley team who got relegated in 2017, who are now all in their 30’s. A bizarre signing policy imo.

9 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Is it just me who finds the editing to make sure they zoom in on any black players on the park during the taking of the knee a bit David-Brent-Equality-Street? 

Biddly biddly biddly biddly,

Biddly biddly bong yoooooo!

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I thought he'd been on the drink, seemed like he was struggling to string a sentence together every time he spoke.

I think, like others have stated on here, that he's just not suited to being a presenter. He doesn't seem to have the composure to react to the cues required and is better just being a pundit where he can express himself more freely.

He could grow into the role though. It also didn't help that Michael Stewart looked like he was going to crease with laughter every time he was doing his presenting. 

mmm Ricky Foster is murder as a pundit
I'm biased though [emoji4]

I actually think he’s been decent enough on both Sportsound and Sportscene.

I am biased (against him too), but credit where it’s due - he’s reasonably intelligent and forthright.

15 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I think, like others have stated on here, that he's just not suited to being a presenter. He doesn't seem to have the composure to react to the cues required and is better just being a pundit where he can express himself more freely.

He could grow into the role though. It also didn't help that Michael Stewart looked like he was going to crease with laughter every time he was doing his presenting. 

Yep

It seems that the BBC has turned into a training scheme and is giving some pundits their "shot" at the chair.

As is the same in many industries, people pushing for the top job dont always understand how difficult it is until they have a go.

Jane Lewis and Steven Thompson are good (bad !) examples of that at the moment.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Yep

It seems that the BBC has turned into a training scheme and is giving some pundits their "shot" at the chair.

As is the same in many industries, people pushing for the top job dont always understand how difficult it is until they have a go.

Jane Lewis and Steven Thompson are good (bad !) examples of that at the moment.

Economics.

With the BBC it hardly matters how many tune in, doesn't impact revenue. 

Therefore why spend money on a professional product when you can get away with 'trainee' salaries and old-firm focused pundits.

On 31/08/2020 at 17:35, kennie makevin said:

How about BBC Scotland employing a 'presenter ' to do the job of presenter.. ? 

THIS.

I understand the importance of having someone on board as a co-presenter(s)  who've been there and done it, however the likes of Boyd, Commons, Thomson etc are just so devoid of any sort of charisma that they make Scottish Football coverage almost unbearable. 

• 2 weeks later...