Your first gig

My first four gigs were all at the SECC. Say what you want about Kings of Leon now but back then with only Youth & Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak out, they were class. I was never really into The Offspring but a group of my mates were going so I tagged along. Other two were decent.

1. August 2005: Kings of Leon
  2. September 2005: The Offspring
  3. November 2005: Franz Ferdinand
  4. December 2005: Foo Fighters

Ok, slightly off topic, but who would you most like to see live but for whatever reason, can never do so?

For me, it's got to be Elvis. Saw that show at the SECC where they have his actual band and orchestra, and "virtual" Elvis on the big screen. That was amazing, despite my pre-gig scepticism. So, I can only imagine how good he would have been.

Shoulda stayed off the burgers big man, eaten more veg 😥

43 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

First saw them at the Apollo in June 1979 on The Communique Tour.  First of many times I've seen them and Knopfler in various formats.

Thats cool man! Didnt really appreciate it being a moany 10 year old c**t at the time! Mind being chuffed the did Romeo and Juliet, one of my faves from the old mans car!

• 2 weeks later...
Sex pistols and stiff little fingers in 1996 at the SECC.

Fairly sure the pistols were mediocre but 14 year old me loved the whole thing.
I was at that one too. I thought they were good that night, the crowd was bouncing. Saw them at the SECC again years later and they were a bit flat, like they were just going through the motions.

The Rezillos at Grangemouth Town Hall, August 1978.

Grangemouth used to have a cracking music scene mostly due to the promotion work of Brian Guthrie (brother of Robin Guthrie, Cocteau Twins). The Town Hall and Hotel International have hosted some bands who went onto bigger things like Simple Minds, Echo & the Bunnymen and others.

Just now, Oscar Wilder said:

Think the Valves supported them on Black and White tour! Was that the time the stripper came on for Nice n Sleazy?
The Curves supported them in Oct 79 at Apollo and Modern Eon in February 81!

George Kelly appeared on record. It's possible that they did put a ringer in on tour. I wouldn't have noticed the difference. I seen the aLlies supporting and the Stripper during Nice n Sleazy. I can't remember much beyond that. I seen the Valves supporting  other bands.