I really started going to games in 2000/01, and would always think of Thistle as being a bigger rivalry than Clyde - not a derby as such, but cerainly a bigger deal.  Clyde is presumably a derby geographically, but I don't think any Airdrie fans, and probably no Clyde fans, think of it as one.  Our traditional derby was Motherwell, but I've only ever seen us play them once (storming atmosphere at the game, right enough), but our decline over the last twenty years or so has seen that replaced by first Accies and latterly the Rovers.   Even then, we've lost a couple of games to the Rovers, one in humiliating fashuon, but nobody on either side would really see them as being on the same level as us as a club.   As has been said, you need a roughly level playing field for a derby to work, and as far as teams near us go the only club that really applies to is Clyde, which nobody considers a derby anyway. 

When I think rivalry I think Thistle is the proper one that Clyde supports would say and then Hamilton... and then Airdrie and maybe QP during banter years since it was a Glasgow team and both in same league tho QP tried to make it more of a thing than us.

Thistle always been the actual derby for me, I’m sure back in the day it was called the Glasgow Derby  

On 02/08/2020 at 17:04, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I definitely thought there was at least the potential for some sort of rivalry developing between ourselves and Clyde last season. Two wins each established an on-field balance of sorts, but more interestingly a healthy percentage of perma-raging roasters in both supports added spice to the proceedings. With ourselves having retained McCluskey and (I assume) Wee Frodo still plying his trade at Broadwood I'm looking forward to resuming hostilities.

I think we have more of a rivalry with Gala Fairydean than Dumbarton.

On 04/08/2020 at 19:50, Tulloch Gorum said:

It's interested how long that sense sticks around.  Clyde have been at Cumbernauld since before I started watching football and nobody much under 40 will remember them playing at Shawfield, but who really thinks of them as a Lanarkshire club? 

I'm 30 and only remember us sharing with Partick or being at Broadwood but still think of us as a Glasgow club because of our Shawfield roots. Strange considering I've never been inside Shawfield!

On 02/08/2020 at 21:23, BullyWeeLad said:

To be fair every ex Clyde player that plays against us gets absolutely roasted for some reason, the way I’ve always remembered it

Most of them unjustified imo. However, McCluskey is fully deserving of the roastings he is given. Gutless wee shitehawk of a player.