16 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
16 hours ago, The clean living guy said:
Who do thistle look at as their derby/rivals these days? 

This does baffle me as surely without Clyde, Partick have no derby. What a joyless experience being a Partick Thistle fan must be

Aye they are insanely jealous of the huge Angus derbies.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:
12 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:
No one cares until the day of the game then shit hits the fan. It’s always the case.

Don't Clyde fans sing a song at all games about a bunnet with f*ck the thistle on it? Whereas there isn't a single thistle song that remotely mentions Clyde.

I’ll do the crazy thing and openly admit that I actively dislike Partick Thistle. When match day comes you’ll feel the same as will all Thistle fans for 90 minutes.

I have no idea why Partick Thistle supporters feel ashamed to admit they don’t like someone else. Even before this Covid pish. 

I’ll do the crazy thing and openly admit that I actively dislike Partick Thistle. When match day comes you’ll feel the same as will all Thistle fans for 90 minutes.
I have no idea why Partick Thistle supporters feel ashamed to admit they don’t like someone else. Even before this Covid pish. 
Quite happy to admit I don't like whoever we are playing. That doesn't make them our rivals or constitute a Derby however.

I’ve never understood the obsession with Thistle but I do look at it as a derby of course, two Glasgow teams that were always in the shadow of the OF, I’m 4th generation Clyde supporter so that’s the way it had always been, Clyde obviously not quite the force we used to be but I like to think we are going to start climbing back up the leagues to at least championship.

Who doesn’t like a rivalry? fuckin embrace it and enjoy it when it comes.

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Only who Thistle are playing against. It bothers me not, if Clyde win or lose games (usually we are separated by a league or 2 so it really means nothing). Only care about teams winning or losing If the outcome affects Thislte, but it’s not a hatred or dislike for a specific team. Don’t speak for other Jags fans though. 

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I feel due to the fact we haven’t been in the same league for some time until now the derby feeling has faded. However, I like the idea of the rivalry returning as it would give us a fixture to look forward to. As previously mentioned two of the games this season are well timed as well with the opening day and New Years. Due to our huge slide over the last 3 seasons we now find ourselves in the same league so that derby feeling on match days will begin to resurface I think. 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I’ve never understood the obsession with Thistle but I do look at it as a derby of course, two Glasgow teams that were always in the shadow of the OF, I’m 4th generation Clyde supporter so that’s the way it had always been, Clyde obviously not quite the force we used to be but I like to think we are going to start climbing back up the leagues to at least championship.

Who doesn’t like a rivalry? fuckin embrace it and enjoy it when it comes.

You are no longer a Glasgow club. So not a rivalry any more.

Who do thistle look at as their derby/rivals these days? 

I’d say Celtic and Rangers but we’ve not beaten one of them in nearly 30 years and their fans couldn’t give a f**k.

I started going to games in the early 2000s and at that time there was a rivalry with Airdrie so it’s them who I consider a derby, although they’ll probably say one of the Lanarkshire teams is there derby. I think it depends when you started going to games. Some older fans than me will say Killie or Clyde. Younger ones might say Morton.

I wouldn’t say Clyde is a derby game but I do dislike them more than Queens Park, Hamilton or any other team that’s nearby.

Raw nerve touches there eh? Lol
No, I pretty much said the same further up the thread.

Can't wait to see the banner, though. It was like the speech from Braveheart reading that.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/75nz6?sharetype=teams&member=5208990&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&rcid=be5f8eccd6144227936d1cb5b10f2dc6

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

No, I pretty much said the same further up the thread.

Can't wait to see the banner, though. It was like the speech from Braveheart reading that.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/75nz6?sharetype=teams&member=5208990&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&rcid=be5f8eccd6144227936d1cb5b10f2dc6

Unfortunately our board are effing hopeless. 

16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I mind being at a Clyde game ( free school ticket or something) and Partick fans were in the away end I think it was when Inverness won the league, or am I imagining this.

Top level shit housing.

That happened. Celebrated the winning goal more than the Caley Thistle supporters as well.

Derby's make football so the more the merrier. I'm a recent Clyde fan so the rivalry doesn't mean that much to me personally but I am looking forward to all the games, home and away. Geography isn't the only factor, ask any crystal palace / Brighton fan and being in different leagues would naturally dilute the interest.

For me, I am hoping for a 10 goal thriller (with Clyde scoring no less than five) with dodgy refereeing decisions, at least 1 wild red card challenge and possibly a car park fight 

That will get set the tone for the season 😜

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Not the kind of fans to celebrate.

I was at this final, in the Inverness end (sorry gav, it was a random choice) and can confirm that the goal celebrations were absolutely shite. On the other hand, the Falkirk celebrations at the equaliser were indeed #scenes.