Jackson Carlaw resigns

Nae Union

To me it doesn't really matter who the Tories anoint as their 'Scottish' leader.  With almost every death in this country their electoral base shrinks, as few people below the age of 45 give them the time of day.  One body out, one body in just doesn't suit them, and like Labour they are utterly hamstrung due to any coherent policy in regard to Scotland's future.  Ross, Davidson, Fraser, Wells, Ballantyne, whoever better be careful what they wish for; once Brexit kicks in they could feel like Michael Caine and Stanley Baker in 'Zulu'.  f**k them.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

"I just came here to build a bridge under PFI which would have cost 3 times the amount and been late. But I'll just slag the Nats for building a bridge on time and on budget instead..."

20200730_233848.jpg

FTFY

Edited by tamthebam

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Michelle Ballantyne on BBC Scotland now.

Oh my word!

I've been F5ing The Nine show all night, not available. Newsnight fucking is though. Sent them an email asking why, not expecting a reply.

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Farquharson did the Klan Alba thing while at the Scotsman right? 

Not that I recall, but Farquharson's defence of the union - he's one of those it's just worth saving types - is a turn-off anyway tbh.

Plus he follows AgentP22 and edglasgow59.

Edited by Sunrise

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Is there a backstory to come out here? Some sort of scandal?

Surely he's not been out manoeuvred without even fighting an election? That's ridiculous shite-baggery.

My finger isn't exactly on the pulse with the politics etc, but isn't it a bit obvious that this has all been agrred and carved up during Boris' visit last week with Ross?

My finger isn't exactly on the pulse with the politics etc, but isn't it a bit obvious that this has all been agrred and carved up during Boris' visit last week with Ross?
Is that what boris was doing here? I knew he was up but didn't pay attention to his schedule.

Did he dingy Jackson then?

I can't believe he's let the top job be taken away from him so easily, though. What's he got for it, a knighthood or something?

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is that what boris was doing here? I knew he was up but didn't pay attention to his schedule.

Did he dingy Jackson then?

I can't believe he's let the top job be taken away from him so easily, though. What's he got for it, a knighthood or something?

Not sure, can't find anything on his visit meeting with Carlaw, though i'm sure he was down that neck of the woods too? Kinda all adds up though.

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Daisley will be tumescent at the thought of Ruth's return.

Ross has massive creepy weirdo vibes of the 'politically active Tory from a young age' type. 

I actually think this is a decent short term move for them though. The Colonel does her thing in Holyrood, while Ross gets 8 months to talk shite to lapdog journalists without anyone holding him to account.

Long term ? How long do you think a visionary who answers the question 'If you were Prime Minister for the day, with no repercussions, what would you do ? And answers ' I'd crack down on the Gypos' is likely to last ?

That's what I was thinking re Ross.

They don't actually want to do First Ministers questions, things worked the best for them when Dugdale was most prominent (or at least as prominent as Davidson) in this role and there wasn't too much attention paid to it. Just a solid 'no divisive indyref 2' platform with little noise on anything else (let alone making an arse of yourself in COVID briefings) apart from education and that's the formula that gets them their 20-25% of likely voters in the regional ballot.